7

Filipe's pov
Here I have her. She's refusing the doctor. She's been here for almost a week. God my sons are idiots. She's been here not because she's being petty. She's here because she's too weak to move much. She's begged me not to tell where she is and how she is. She's a bit better today. She wants to go out.

I tell her "first I'm bringing you to a doctor. No more of this stubborn shit mija. No more" she's fainted twice already. Her excuse is that she hasn't slept much. Bullshit. She sighs and mutters "fine" her phone rings "hey E" she does still talk to them. She just told them she needs a little bit of time. They've respected it. Angels calls are scarce. Which bothers both of us. Shouldn't he be the one calling more. "Yeah I'm coming back today. Just need to run some errands first" she smiles "love you too" "yeah... just needed to get my head right" she continues.

"Thank you for understanding" she says. She asks "how's angel" pause. "Is he okay...I haven't heard from him much" "oh...okay" she says. "Alright...love you...bye" hanging up. I take her to the hospital.

Jennifer's pov
The doctor comes back "I have some bad news and hopefully some good news" shit. "You have leukemia. Stage 3. Im sorry" what? Fuck. I wipe the tear that falls "and the good?" I ask "the baby is healthy" the what?! I ask "baby?" "You didn't know?" He asks. I shake my head and touch my stomach. Baby. "How would treatment work with the baby and the cancer?" Pops asks. "We will do our best for the child and treat her to the best of our ability." The rest is white noise to me. We leave and walk to the stores and I pause seeing angel. With a woman...she's slightly pregnant. He's holding her and kisses her. "Mija" pops says seeing where I'm looking. I shake my head "fuck him" walking back to the car forcing back tears.