010

January 31st, 2022

it happened. they kissed. it was sweet, and short. they pulled away, both smiling. "well." joe said with a chuckle after they pulled apart.

"this isn't how i saw tonight going." kenzie said, she was telling the truth. she definitely didn't see this coming.

"i did." joe said. he knew this was going to happen? or was he just as cocky as ever?

joe wasn't looking into kenzie's eyes anymore, now he was looking behind kenzie. she didn't know what he was looking at until she turned into the direction he was looking.

"please don't." kenzie said. she didn't want joe talking to travis at the moment because the chances of travis wrong what happened are high, and quite honestly, she didn't know how he would react.

"i'm sorry." joe said with apologetic eyes peering away from kenzie, walking over to travis.

kenzie couldn't hear what they were saying, but they were talking through their teeth, like they were angry, and were getting closer and closer, they were about to fight.

they started yelling. well, travis did. "she's my sister!" everyone in that room immediately looked over to travis, then to joe, then to kenzie.

travis stared yelling at joe, not as loud, so kenzie couldn't hear them but travis was poking joe's chest with every word he said causing joe to step back with each hit.

patrick and jamar inched closer to the fight, just in case they needed to hold either one of them back.

travis punched joe, right in the nose. joe's eyes widened at travis as he wiped his nose with his hand and looked at the blood on it.

the entire room collectively gasped, you could hear the noise of travis' punch. joe punched him back, also in the nose.

jamar and patrick rushed to the liar and held them back before either could get another punch in. joe shook jamar off of him but didn't try to punch travis again, he just stood there.

travis, on the other hand, was aggressively fighting patrick's grasp that sam hubbard and trey hendrickson also needed to hold him back.

travis eventually calmed down. blood trickled from joe and travis' noses. their eyes, somehow at the same time shifted to kenzie who was about 3 feet from them at the moment.

"kenzie." they both said in unison apologetically. she had every right to be angry, they were fighting for no reason.

"save it." kenzie said. she walked outside, it was cold, and she was wearing a dress, and she also didn't have a ride.

"need a ride?" joe mixon asked, also standing outside of the event room.

"yeah," kenzie said as she walked over to joe mixon's car. "thanks."

"no problem, i saw what happened in there." joe mixon said.

"i just cant believe how immature they both were acting." kenzie said rolling her eyes.

"travis just wants to protect you, and joe was mad because travis was being over protective so they were bound to butt heads eventually." joe mixon said, rather casually.

"but, that's so embarrassing." kenzie said. "they were fighting about me, and now they both have bloody noses."

"well, joe doesn't usually fight, like ever. do you either one, mean a lot to him, or two, whatever travis said to joe made him furious, but i think whatever travis said was about you." joe mixon said. "in concussion, you mean a lot to joe."

"you mean in conclusion?" kenzie said. "you said concussion."

"i just said a heartfelt monologue and the only thing you can grasp from it is that fact i said concussion instead of conclusion?" joe mixon said shaking his head.