024

May 8th, 2022

today was one of the harder days for kenzie and her brothers. joe stayed at her house with her for an entire two weeks but then had to go back to cincinnati.

she's spent a lot of the past month distracting herself with her friends and her brothers. it's not like those days weren't hard, it's just, she had harder days than those.

an example would be today. it's her first mother's day with her mom and it's hurting her a lot worse than she thought.

it's like everytime she saw someone post their mom, she was getting cut over and over and over. but hey, at least she had a mom right? she'll be alright, it's just a thousand cuts.

 but hey, at least she had a mom right? she'll be alright, it's just a thousand cuts

liked by killatrav, jason.kelce, joeyb_9, and 28,279 more

kenzie.kelce: miss you mama, happy mother's day to the best mom i know 🕊️🕊️

the poster turned off comments for this post

kenz <33

hey kenzie, i know today is
gonna be one of the harder
ones. i miss you and i love
you.

love you too, joey

kenzie didn't really know what else to say to joe. he was right, today is one of the harder ones but she had to push through.

she doesn't really have a mother figure in her life anymore, and she hasn't had a father figure for a while. she could wish and wish for the same thing over and over again. but the ending would always stay the same.

she could cry about it, but what would that change? this was her life now and she would have to deal with that.

she facetimed izzy and layla. "hey guys." kenzie said once they answered the phone.

"how are you?" layla said once she answered.

"i'm ok." kenzie said.

"like really ok?" izzy asked.

"i don't know." kenzie said shrugging her shoulders. "it's been two months, you would think i should be fine now."

"grief doesn't have an end date, kenzie." layla said.

"how's travis?" kenzie said. izzy has been staying at travis's house for a while now, she wouldn't be surprised if she moved in.

"he's okay, today's not that easy for him either. i'm just trying to be there for him as much as i can." izzy said.

"i don't really know what i'm supposed to do, i've texted them both today and they said they were fine." layla said.

"well, i don't want to talk about this anymore. do you have a girlfriend yet, layla?" kenzie said looking at her friend who was growing a smile.

"possibly." layla said. "her name's michelle. she's from la."

"i'm happy for you layla, now we are all in relationships." izzy said doing a little dance.

"how's joe?" layla asked as if what izzy said made her remember.

"he's good, i haven't talked to him much today. i know he's spending it with his mom." kenzie said. "training camp starts in a couple of days."

"we should go to one of the practices." izzy said.

"i actually have to start apartment shopping soon." kenzie said.

"your not gonna live with joe?" layla asked as if it was obvious.

"i, don't think so. am i supposed to?" kenzie asked. she thought about it. they've only been officially dating for little over 3 months and by the time she needed to move in, they will have been dating for 7 months.

"maybe you should ask him, the worst that's gonna happen is he says no." izzy said. "and he probably would say yes."

"speaking of." kenzie said looking at her phone. he was calling her. "he's calling me."

"okay, we'll talk to you later. text us if you need anything." layla said.

"i love you guys." kenzie said.

"love you too, kenzie." they both responded before hanging up.

she answered joe's facetime. "hey, what are you up to?" joe asked once she answered the phone.

"nothing, i was just on the phone with layla and izzy." kenzie said. "what about you?"

"i took my mom to dinner," joe said. "but that's about it."

"how is she?" kenzie asked. she loved joe's mom, she was just about the closest thing she had to one anymore.

"she's good." joe said. "when did you plan on moving?"

"towards the end of august." kenzie said. "i haven't found a house or an apartment yet. i'm still looking."

"oh." joe said nodding. he wasn't looking at the camera anymore. "i jus thought you weren't going to need an apartment."

"well, i don't know." kenzie said. did everybody expect them to live together. "i just assumed that would be too much for you. and you're really busy during that time of the year."

"not too busy for you." joe said. "if you want, you can live with me."

"okay, well i'll see you in the end of august roomie." kenzie said with a smile.

"sounds like a plan." joe said, also smiling.

"what are you doing?" kenzie asked as his phone was moved into a different spot.

"cooking." joe said. he was out of the frame now, grabbing something.

"i thought you had a chef?" kenzie asked.

"i do, but i love cooking and i never have the time. and right now, i do." joe said.

"so what are we making today, chef burrow?" kenzie asked sitting up in her bed.

"chicken, rice, and peppers." he said grabbing all the seasonings he needed.

"i'm already boiling the water for the rice. and obviously i need to make the peppers last because they don't take as long." joe said. "i'm seasoning the chicken right now."

she watched him as he walked her step by step through how he was cooking. he finished cooking and plated it.

"ta da." he said moving the camera so that kenzie could see the food. it looked very good.

"i want some." kenzie said looking at the plate.

"i'll make it for you the next time i see you. but that probably won't be until august." joe said.

"okay," kenzie said. "well have fun and i'll talk to you later."

"okay." joe said sitting down at his dining room table. "i love you."

"i love you too." kenzie said before hanging up the phone.

august couldn't get here any quicker.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

chef burrow is in the house, so as of right now i am completely done writing this story and there are less than 10 chapters left

i might starting double uploading so i can start publishing my next one!