Precious Stones.

"I swear the package said to boil for twenty minutes," Carina mumbled, trying not to grimace as she swat the smoke away from her face

Stephen gave her a perplexed look, "The instructions said that you should boil the pasta for twenty minutes?"

Carina shrugged, looking as Wong used a few spells to put out the fire that had almost spread through the kitchen. He was using magic because it wasn't normal fire that she used but faltine fire, she could control it, but Carina measure the time wrong."Yes, more or less."

"You're a terrible liar, you know that," Stephen deadpanned as he turned on the kitchen extractor.

"I..." She purses her lips, trying to come up with an answer or rather a lie but coming up with none. "I might have... thrown the box of instruction away." She opt for the truth because there was no way she could get away with it now.

Stephen pinches the bridge of his nose, exhaling heavily. "Of course."

"Carina, when I told you to do something productive today I didn't mean burn the kitchen." Wong's voice rang through, he finally put the last of the fire out.

"I'm sorry," The girl turn to him, sending the man a sympathetic smile knowing he only suggest that because he was making an attempt to get her out of the shell of a girl she had turned into, and she was trying to, not only to please Wong but because she didn't like who she was becoming either. "I just thought that making us lunch would be nice."

"Touching really," Stephen said sarcastically, before sending her a confused yet serious stare. "But what on earth was going through your mind when you thought of boiling the pasta for twenty minutes and with faltine fire, no less."

Carina huffs, sending an annoyed look back. "I don't know, Stephen. I've never cooked before, okay?"

"I thought you usually help in the kitchen–"

"Yeah, to cut vegetables and stir the pots, not to actually cook."

"Oh, for christ's sake." 

Carina sighs exasperatedly, flinging her arms around. "I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to."

"We know, Carina," Wong said, placing a hand on her shoulder and squeezing it once in comfort. "But you ought to be more careful, more so when using your magic."

"I know..." Carina sulked, then lighten up again when an idea struck her out of the blue, she looked at the sorcerers with an innocent smile."On the bright side, we can go to the deli."

There was a pause. Carina looked between them, the hopeful smile still painted on her face. Wong blinked confused and Stephen glared at her, shaking his head.

"What do you think?" She asked.

Stephen scoffs, crossing his arms."Now I see what this is. This was your whole plan, wasn't it?"