Chapter 06

"Why is that so?"

"She is my parent's daughter-in-law."

"In simpler terms, wife. Isn't it?

" Hmm--"

"I respect your decision. Have a great future ahead. And also cheerful married life."

__🖤__

Before the first dawn of the sun reached their lives, their parents had set foot to solve the internal combustion within the couple. Breathing rage, they stepped into the apartment.

Listening to all the occurrences that transpired in their absence, they reacted the same as any other parents would. They cried, cursing the evil eye that apertured their children's well-being and happiness. Kusum and Bhanu, Annika's mother and father had moved a step ahead of the rest and slapped their daughter.

"How good your in-laws and husband are! Son-in-law is a gem and yet you seem to have something against your parents that's the reason you are doing all this. Previously you opposed the proposals that came in the way and when you accepted by marrying, you are pulling this stunt." Bhanu Pratap, her father asked shaking her petty and fragile body.

"Leave it Amar ke papa!" Kusum dismissed, glaring at her daughter who choose to stand still unresponsive to the words and actions that were thrown at her. "She is born to make us cry. That is crystal clear. Isn't it obvious?"

Keeping his stern face intact, Bhanu reached closer to his daughter and raised his hand, to whack his palm on her flawless skin. He was wearied. Tried of covering her every single mistake, even when it turned out dangerous and harmful. Months back, he stood by her side thinking her inexperience had made her take the extreme level, to run away from home. Again when she returned home, he stood as a major support pillar, the family decided to shift elsewhere to avoid the intensive questionnaires from the neighbourhood. Regardless of the past, this was the limit.

Marginal, to whatever he can do to help her.

Bhanu shut his eyes and pinched hard, eyebrows pulled, knitting together when he sensed someone holding his wrist avoiding the hit. His daughter wouldn't do that. He knew that.

"I know you are her parent but that doesn't mean that you can raise your hand. Well, at least when she is plus eighteen." Shivaay uttered, leaving the hanging hand of his father-in-law.

"I'm sorry papa." Annika whimpered, her toes curling in trepidation and head hung low not meeting his eye level. "Sorry. I-"

"You had told the same thing in past." Her mother snapped immediately, as she stood beside her husband with her palms resting on his shoulder, transferring the unnamed energy and also interrupting him from doing destructive. 

Interfering the heated talks Shakti, looked at his son and raised a question. "Where are you two lacking? Incompatibility or difference in lifestyle? Couldn't you both speak up before you were married? How neglected you two people are!"

"She happens to be my student. She is a fresher at the same college as I work." Shivaay mumbled. "Also she feels that I had previously looked into her pictures and still agreed to marry. Which is not true."

"He says he has some feelings for the other girl. And he is married. Moreover-"

By the subsequent fraction of a second Pinky, Shivaay's mother had managed to grab a lean stick that laid back near the couch for the cleaning purpose. She stroked it with her hands she hit her son, who cried in pain after being hit to his rib cage.