Chapter 28

Shivaay and Annika had enjoyed their honeymoon in Nepal to the fullest. From the moment they arrived in this breathtaking country they knew it would be a trip filled with contagious laughter and adventure.

The majestic mountains vibrant culture and warm hospitality of the Nepalese people had ignited a joyful spark within their hearts.

Throughout their time in Nepal Shivaay and Annika explored the mesmerizing spots, their eyes twinkling with excitement. They embarked on scenic hikes that offered stunning views of the snow-capped peaks their smiles as radiant as the sun illuminating the landscape.

As their time in Nepal drew to a close, the second last day coincided with their first wedding anniversary. Annika had planned a special surprise for Shivaay something she had been longing to express for a very long time.

However fate had a different plan in store for her.

Annika fell victim to a severe cold, her body feeling weak and her spirit dampened by the illness. Disheartened by her inability to execute her well-thought-out plan she still tried to put on a brave face.

Shivaay being the caring and attentive partner that he was rushed to her side as soon as he realized Annika was burning.

"Aur konsa icecream flavour chahiye?" Shivaay asked, adjusting the quilt till her neck, with a bit of sarcasm in his tone. "Hazar bar bolta ho, you get cold easily, cold item mat kaya karo, kaha mere bat sunte ho aap!"

[Trans- Now what flavour do you want to eat?]

[Trans- I told you thousand of time, you will get cold easily, avoid having cold items. When do you hear me!]

"Mein bimar ho and you are scolding me!" Annika pouted looking at him, as he paced the length of the room in search of his phone.

[Trans- I'm unwell and you are scolding me!]

Shivaay who was bending in front of a drawer, paused hearing Annika. "What should I do other than scolding? Cuddle you or pamper you?" Standing straight he shot his glares, at his presumably and supposedly innocent wife.

Avoiding his glares, she fiddled with the hem of her night suit which was above the lingerie, which was gifted by her mother-in-law. "Can't you do that? It would be rather nice." She mumbled.

"Do what?" Confused Shivaay asked.

"Cuddle!" Annika again mumbled with a pout, pushing her lips together. "And pamper me with lots of hugs, kisses and kisses."

"Haha! Funny! If maa was here she would have broken one or two bones and then peppered her concern on wellbeing." Shivaay laughed at her cuteness, and immediately sat beside her. "I will get you some bland and simple food and later you will pop a paracetamol from my to-go backpack. Okay?"

Annika leaned more into him as, Shivaay brushed her cheeks with his finger tips. Seeing her planning to pull him and snuggle, he got away from her with a snicker. "Close the door okay? I will be right back, till then if you get bored call maa or watch TV. Anyway she will be gossiping with aunties in the neighbourhood. Talk to her."

Annika smiled.

"Okay?"

"Yes!" Annika beamed. Mesmerised, in dazz Shivaay pressed his lips on her hairline which had become light pigmented because of vermilion, sindhur.

"Lock the door. Come."