Chapter 35

With its open-air layout, minimalist design, and abundance of flora, the resort exuded an impression of ethereality and relaxation. 

Fresh floral scents and the sound of singing birds filled the air, creating a calm atmosphere. The couples' traditional clothing and the brightly colored decorations were accentuated by the sun's warm warmth, creating an ambiance that was evocative of a fairy tale. Rich greenery contrasted exquisitely with sophisticated architecture and elaborate details in the resort's design, which was a harmonic fusion of luxury and nature.

"Dulhe ki behen ko bolaya jaye." Pandit ji asked, continuing with the further rituals of the wedding. 

[Trans- Please call the sister of the groom.]

Hearing his request, the members of the Tripati family looked at each other and averted their eyes. Amit, who was supporting Rita's palm in his palms along with some flower petals, froze and looked around his mother and father. "Maa Annika ko jaldi se bolahiye na. Kaha par Hain yeh ladki?"

[Trans- Maa please call Annika here. Where is this girl roaming?]

Kusum clenched her fist and tried her best not to show her disappointment. "Maya, you go tie the gadbandhan."

"Par chachi main kaise-" Maya, clad in an amber Zari-designed saree, looked at her elder cousin brother and his disapproving look and mumbled, "It's Annika Di's right.

"I said go. Maya." Kusum pushed her niece ahead, asking her to tie the gadbandhan, which signifies acceptance of the bride into the family. Maya nervously walked to the altar and performed what was asked by the pandit ji.

Everyone around them let out a sigh and looked at the wedding in progress. Watching her son complete the holy seven circuits around the fire with his long-term girlfriend, Kusum stood with the soft grass caressing her foot, tears welling in her eyes. Kusum couldn't help but feel sentimental as she observed her son and his fiance. Her children had been small once, and she could still picture their tiny fingers encircling hers as they crossed the street. Her daughter had already gotten married and was content with her family, and her children had grown up. She was thinking of her children growing up and leaving the nest, with mixed emotions, as her oldest son was getting married today.

In the following hours, nearly all of the wedding-related ceremonies had been completed, and the newlyweds had gotten into their car and were driving towards their house to complete the gruhpravesh following, the bidai.

Amit sighed and turned to gaze around, avoiding her eyes, after giving his recentlywed wife a box of moist tissues. 

Rita gripped Amit's hands as she wiped away her makeup, ruined by her constant crying. "It would be okay! Is that not the case?" Asking for reassurance and encouragement, she questioned him. 

Moving away from your parents and relocating to live with your spouse and his family was a very challenging process. Despite having known his family since childhood, they were practically strangers to her. She went to his house with her now-sister-in-law.

She was now the Tripati family's daughter-in-law, rather than just a visitor. 

"I've instructed your cousin Ruhan to record our gruhpravesh on camera. I'm planning to use a series of reels to inform my Instagram followers about our wedding. Accha hain na?" Amit nodded hesitantly, unsure of how to answer. 

[Trans- Good isn't it?]

"I knew it," she muttered with enthusiasm.

"I'm so happy. Finally, humari shadi ho gyi. Fairytale jaisa lag raha hai mujhe." Instantly forgetting her previous crying session, Rita smiled wide. "Bas pre-wedding rituals mein decoration kaam ta, kair mere mummy papa mujhe Noida mein a plot gift kar rahe hain. But meine Delhi me dene ko bolo hain. Aur kuch saalo mein do bacche, hum log ke happily ever after. Hain na?"

[Trans- Finally we got married as per our dreams. I feel everything straight out of fairytale.]

[Trans- Only the decorations in the pre-wedding rituals were kind of off. Nevertheless no worries, my parents are gifting us a plot in Noida. I have asked them to Search for a plot in Delhi instead of plot in Noida. After a couple of years we will have two kids and have our happily ever after. Isn't it?]

Amit, who was not paying attention to what she was saying, remained silent.

"What happened, Amit? Kuch kia kya meine? Kuch toh bolo yaar, please."