Chapter 2: The Dawn of the Fatui

Zandik's POV:

We had gotten to the Mainland of Mondstadt to witness the Cryo Archon herself, gazing upon us icy tears forming as she spoke, "I wish not to bring you harm, if you so very wish, you may come to live among the people of Snezhnaya, my people who accepting of anyone regardless of what country you belong to"
Pierro and I had managed to lobby the Twilight Sword to bring the Alberich Twins to Snezhnaya with us, under the escort of the Tsaritsa herself to the Land of Eternal Ice and Snow.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Zandik's POV: 2 and a half months later

"Young Kaeya has been in a coma since the Desolation of Khaenri'ah, and I think I know why."
I say, rolling up the sleeve on the comatose Kaeya just to see a malignant blue glow come from the veins in his arm. Dainsleif's face contorted in a mixture of shock and disgust.
"I've had to take a sample of it to see what exactly it is, I did so as soon as we got to the Palace, and I got given this lab. As it so happens, this malignant blue is actually pure abyssal energy, strong enough to kill a non-vision holder from Teyvat instantly."
"What do you mean." Dain said inquisitively
"As in, it turns them into monsters or just kills them, but people like you and him are able to absorb and use it to your own benefits."
"But you haven't explained why you haven't been affected by this abyssal energy," Dain snapped at me
"Calm down, I was getting to that, you see I'm a vision holder" I say pulling out a sumeran Anemo vision "I lost my sister to Eleazar, a Sumeru skin condition that leads to death if allowed to advance, I obtained this precious stone upon wishing to have the freedom to experiment in the ways that I wished"
As I said that, Kaeya had woken up from his coma and was confused
"Where am I?" A teenage Kaeya inquired
Kaeya's father, who did not have much time left, entered the room told him, "We are in Snezhnaya, thanks to the benevolent Tsaritsa, also doctor you are wanted by her Majesty alongside my son."
"Very well I shall go. Come along young Alberich."
"Mister-r-r"
"Zandik. Just Zandik"
"Zandik, where are my brother and sister?" Kaeya questioned.
"Your brother is dead, and your sister with Pierro receiving the first synthetic visions made by her. I wonder what element she'll give you."
"Ooh, I want a Cryo one," Kaeya said, his uncovered left eye shining in the pale blue luminance and icy marble walls of the Zapolyarny Palace within which we currently held residence.
Entering the throne room to see this loving god who had saved everyone in the room.
"Your Majesty, you requested me and the young man," I say, bowing my head
"Zandik, Estranged researcher of the Akademiya, for what reason were you  there that fateful day?" The Tsaritsa said in a cold venomous tone.
"Merely meeting a friend, twas all." I reply with a hint of lies as I was actually there to learn Khemia.
"You'll each have a choice as to which element of synthetic vision you wish to have. Choose wisely"
After a short delay, Kaeya said that he wanted a Cryo one, which is respectable. I, however, chose a pyro delusion, as I coined the term, because I savour the utility of such an element. Tyra, Kaeya's sister, chose an electro delusion.
"You three, Pierro, high mage of Khaenri'ah, Zandik, outcast scholar and Kaeya Alberich, the last hope for godless land of Khaenri'ah, are now the three founding members of the Fatui, an organisation dedicated to toppling the Heavenly Principles."
Me and Pierro were given the ranks first and second of the eleven harbingers, the highest ranking members of this Private Army. Kaeya was given his own separate rank and would later become a harbinger among the Eleven.
Our Codenames were The Jester, The Doctor (me), and the Successor.

It was shortly after the ceremony, when I had to put Kaeya on Ice to preserve his body from the curse and Abyssal power, which had corrupted the right side of his body. Other than that he had to be removed from the stasis to have the energy drained from his arm every 2 weeks.