Chapter 3

As the boys ate breakfast Gon noticed that Killua was staring at him some what intensely. 

"You ok?" It was making him a little nervous. Killua seemed to snap back to reality at the words. 

"Huh yea I'm good" he went back to eating and Gon was so confused. Honestly Killua was confused too. He kept getting lost in Gon's eyes and he couldn't figure out why. They were just so pretty. And his smile lit up Killua's world like nothing he'd even come across before. He really wanted to be Gon's friend but he couldn't bring it up since they'd already kind of told Gon's aunt Mito that they were best friends. Killua had never had friends before so he didn't really know what that was like. 

Gon on the other hand had never really had guy friends because his school was pretty homophobic. Killua had never gone to school since he was privately tutored but he imagined that the people there would be just as homophobic as his own god damn parents. 

"Killua? Why are you staring at me?" Killua's eyes came back to focus and he realized he was looking right at Gon. Again. Shoot I didn't mean to do that Killua thought and curse himself for staring at Gon so blatantly. 

"Oh sorry. I spaced out" he mumbled and looked down at his food to avoid Gon's gaze as he blushed. What was going on with him?

_____

After breakfast they decided to go back to finish up the last few episodes of avatar which they didn't watch the last night after they fell asleep and the laptop turned off from not being used. They sat in the bed together and got sucked into the world of avatar. Killua was enjoying himself and the show was starting to bring back memories of his earlier childhood. 

Suddenly Killua felt a head on his shoulder. Gon had snuggled himself into the crook of Killua's neck and he was comfy but it was all Killua could do to keep from blushing. What was making him feel like this?

Killua already knew he was developing a crush on Gon but he refused to believe it. He'd come here to kill Gon and here they were snuggled in bed together watching avatar the last airbender. Life is funny like that.

______

Killua didn't actually have to kill Gon until the end of the week and there ended up being a snow week for most of it so Gon didn't have school. Killua informed his family that he was spending a few days in a hotel closer to his victims house. They didn't seem to have a problem with it because they didn't care about anything as long as he got the job done. What a loser family he thought. It wasn't anything new though. 

The two boys ended up spending most of the week together and at that point both of them had realized they were crushing on the other and they were both trying really hard not to get noticed. In that sense Gon was definitely doing a better job. Killua became a blushing mess at any physical contact while Gon usually managed to get away with responding by teasing Killua. At this point Gon was considering telling Killua how he felt but he really didn't know if the other boy was just easily embarrassed or if he liked him back. 

Killua felt trapped because he knew he liked Gon but how could Gon ever like him back. He wasn't a good person. He was a killer. The whole reason he'd even met Gon's was through an assassination job and obviously he hadn't told Gon that he was there to kill him. He didn't want to do it and he promised himself he'd die before he let Gon die. 

"Ney Gon? Let's run away" Killua whispered. 

"Wa-what????? Why do you wanna do that?" Gon asked. It was late into the night and he wasn't sure he'd heard properly. Why would Killua want to run away with him? Why would Killua want to run away in the first place. 

"Gon I'm going to tell you some things you shouldn't know....." Killua mumbled and debated whether Gon should know. He needed to tell him for his safety. "Gon... you're in danger. I was sent here to kill you by my family. They wanted to test me but now that I got to know you I really don't want to kill you. I didn't want to kill you in the first place but now I really want you to live. I won't be able to live without you Gon..."

"You... kill me? You were going to kill me?" Gon whispered. 

"Gon I didn't want to. My family is basically an assassin trade. Their not even really a family. They raised me with one purpose. To kill people and get them more money than they already have from all the kills they've done themselves. I've been wanting to escape it for a while but I never had the courage too. But Gon they will find you and kill you and your aunt to punish me. You need to go far away from here Gon"

"Killua..." Gon whispered with tears in his eyes. He hugged Killua and the other boy. Killua had gone through so much. "Killua let's run away together. I don't want you to suffer anymore" Gon started to cry.  

"Hey hey it's ok" no one had ever comforted Killua so he didn't really know how it worked. He rubbed Gon's back and attempted to calm him down but in truth he didn't know why Gon was so upset. Killua would kill his whole family before letting anyone touch Gon.

"What's wrong love?" Killua went bright red as he said that. What had he done!?! "Shit. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say that..." well that was awkward.

Gon didn't really seem to notice "Killua, I didn't know you suffered like that. Why didn't you ever tell me? I'm the worst best friend ever" Gon started shaking with sobs. Killua wasn't even going to mention the physical torture or mental training he went through because Gon was already not handling well. "Killua let's run away. Let's go right now. We can pack extra of my clothes since you don't have that many." 

Killua nodded and they started packing. They told aunt Mito the gist so she would understand why they were leaving but didn't mention Gon's life being in danger for fear that she would freak out. Killua was sure she would be safe as long as Gon wasn't around her. The two left with a good amount of food from Mito and then headed off on a journey to someplace far away...

_______