Chapter 7

Gon and Killua were frantically packing, throwing things into bags and quickly collapsed the tent. Lilly had been instructed to stay near either Gon or Killua for her safety. She hovered near the both of them as they all ran for the car. She didn't quite know what was going on but the atmosphere was tense and it scared her. Lilly was trying to help pack too. She mirrored the behavior of her parents and started tossing food into their cooler until Killua said they weren't going to take it with them. She then went to pack her clothes.

Gon and Killua tossed everything in the back of the car and then the family got in and Gon started speeding back to their house. They almost got pulled over a few times but Gon managed to outrun one of the police cars and the other gave up half way. 

When they finally got home everyone was to pack whatever they could fit in a suitcase and and to pack anything valuable since they weren't coming back. Lilly was holding back tears at this point. She hadn't a clue what was going on and everyone was in a panicked state. She grabbed her suitcase backpack with hello kitty on it from her closet and packet her favorite dress, a couple t shirts, some pairs of underwear, and a few skirts along with some socks. She decided that she would also take her two favorite barbies and her favorite unicorn hair clip that Killua had gotten for her on her birthday.

She rushed down the stairs and presented her packed bag to her parents in hopes that it would cheer them up during whatever was going on.

"Go put it by the door honey. In the meantime go to your room and close the door. Close the curtains and go hide in your closet. Don't make any noise ok?" Gon tried to say it as gently as possible to not frighten Lilly. She nodded and ran up to her room and followed his instructions. What was going on? Why was she getting punished? 

________
At the Zoldyck manor Illumi had returned from his spying session.

"Well did you find him?" Their mother was impatient and the family had been looking for Killua ever since he disappeared.

"I did. I know where they live too" Illumi's face portrayed no emotion but even the glint in his eye could show that he was more exited than on any other given day.

"Whose they?"

"Killua and another grown man and a small child who looks around six or seven. It's a girl"

"Hmmm so he thinks he can have a family. Well that is a problem. Dispose of the man and the girl. Bring Kilu back here and then we will enforce a harsh training so he can get back to where he was" she smiled maliciously. Oh how she had missed her son. She would make sure to put him in solitary confinement as a welcome present. What a twisted witch.

"Yes mother" Illumi walked away. He wasn't sure but he figured the other male was Killua's lover. It would be interesting to see Killua's face when he saw his lover's bloody limp body. He smiled to himself at the thought. A rare event.

_______
There was a slight knock at the door. Killua's eyes widened in fear.  Gon went to open the door with Killua close behind him. Both hoped that Lilly would stay put because who knows what could have happen to their precious little angel.

Killua looked through the peep hole but only saw black. Gon opened the door with a slight creak. It was Illumi. The same blank expression as always. Blank eyes. His lips pressed into a thin line. His long silky hair flowing with the wind behind him.

Upon seeing Gon his bloodlust filled the whole house. Killua trembled in fear and Lilly in her closet was shaking.

"Leave" Gon's word was firm but Illumi didn't react at all. He pulled out a singular diamond encrusted knife and played with it in his hand while looking at Gon. Killua's eyes widened as Illumi made his signature quick hand movement to throw the knife. He was aiming at Gon.

Splat

Blood splattered on the wall. Killua grunted. Gon's eyes widened in horror. Illumi rose his eyebrows in confusion which was more of a response than normal. He had brought only one knife to efficiently kill both Gon and Lilly with the same knife but he hadn't counted on Killua sacrificing himself to save Gon.

"Hmmm what to do now?" Illumi pondered and decided to walk around inside the house to find the small girl. He could easily kill her with his bare hands.

"K-Killua. Why?" Tears dripped down his face and fell onto Killua's chest. The knife had hit him right in the gut and he was losing blood quickly.

"Gon take Lilly and run. I won't make it and Illumi won't care as long as I'm still here. Please" Killua tried to smile but it quickly turned into a grimace. He could already feel his hands going numb from the loss of blood. He wasn't going to last for long.

"I won't leave you here. I c-can't l-live without y-you" Gon's voice started to break and he could see the life started to leave Killua's eyes.

"Don't forget me Gon. I love you" Killua whispered before closing his eyes. He took his last breath and his body went still.

Gon's mind went numb. He heard Illumi ruffling through their bedroom and he quickly and quietly headed up the stairs. He took Lilly and clamped his hand over her mouth. He put on her backpack and took his own suitcase and the rest of the money he saved up. Moving quickly he kissed Killua on the forehead for the last time.

It was all he could do to keep Lilly from screaming at the sight of Killua's body. Silent tears streamed down her face as they left the house.
"Bye....Killua" Gon whispered softly under his breath.
They ran... as far away as they could.

________