Juan and Apartment

Who knew Leo might come across someone like him? He seemed to be the type of person who could work as a personal motivator or something. If such a thing existed. Because he couldn't stop talking to me since the first time I got in his car. It started with him complimenting me on the jacket I was wearing because it looked I shared Leo's taste. I didn't respond, instead giving him a quick smile, because it was indeed something I stole from my brother's cupboard. But he wasn't aware of it.

After all, Leo had already enhanced his wardrobe during his time as a football player. I had no idea he could figure that stuff out, but he was able to gain such a liking for branded stuff. I thought that was my thing in this house. Suddenly, it seemed that I had a new rival. So I decided to take his jacket and shoes as a form of revenge. I knew he wasn't going to wake up that quickly. It would take him at most two months to realize that his stuff were missing.

That wasn't the only subject Juan seemed to want to discuss with me. He described it as both a surprise and an honor to be the only person who knew Leo had a younger sibling. That was, I supposed, a fact. Clearly, Leo had no intention of shielding me from the media and interviews when questioned about his family and other personal matters. I occasionally watched these interviews and noticed that he was keeping his younger sister, who lives with his parents, hidden from the public eye.

But, before anything happened, we made a deal. Or you could say, me. Being the center of attention in our neighborhood was stressful and exhausting. They recognized me as the talented soccer player's little sister wherever I went. At first, I was fine with it. I secretly enjoyed the praises that were also bestowed upon me. It was a huge confidence booster for me. Yet, as time passed, they dared to visit to my house and confront my parents about me. Some of them have also invaded my personal space in public, attempting to hug my shoulders or draw my attention.

It was quite uncomfortable for me, and I didn't want Leo to say anything about me. Though he only replied yes to me, I knew he really wanted to tell them that he has another family member that inspires him to play football . But one thing about Leo was that he kept his word.

"Did I tell you that your apartment is quite close to Mr. Messi's residence and training base?" Juan called out to me, his gaze fixed on the road.

Of course, that was something my brother would do, I reasoned.

"No, you haven't. That's nice." I responded. Nodded at whatever bit of information he threw at me.

He returned my nod. "Yeah. It's close enough that you can take public transportation there. That, however, was not allowed. Mr. Messi is unlikely to let you travel long without me or someone else to look after you."

I raised an eyebrow at him, wrinkled my nose. Right, like that was bound to happen. Leo didn't have a tracking device on me. He didn't have to follow me everywhere, let alone bring his bodyguard with me. I thought this was a one-time thing?

"Did he say that?" I mused. I focused my entire concentration on his side profile. I observed he lacked a beard and even a mustache. It felt surreal to think he was younger than me. I was only eighteen. My first thought was that he was my age or a year older.

"Well. Actually, no. But I had a feeling he'd say something like that. Isn't that right, Miss?"

"I'm not sure. The thought of you or his minions following me gives me the shivers. No offense, Juan." I raised both hands towards him, and he merely waved back. "Leo is extremely protective. But this is Spain. I'll do anything to have more freedom here."

Juan's grip on the driving wheel tightened as he expressed concern. I noticed that and gave him a blank stare. Was he truly so afraid of Leo?

"Does Mr. Messi know that? I don't want him to be concerned that his only sister is sneaking about the city without his knowledge." He muttered something.