The Next Morning

Without a question, last night was the most restful sleep I've ever had in my life. I felt like I was floating on the soft pillow of the mattress. Even when the room was cold, I had nothing but a peaceful and relaxing sensation. I wasn't sure if it was due to jet lag, a better bed than mine at home, or the fact that I didn't hear Mamá's screams telling me to get up and get ready. Whatever the reason, it made me even satisfied to learn that waking up in the morning would be like this.

As I entered the bathroom, I strolled lightly and whistled. I sighed as the water droplets from the shower landed on my back after using the hot water. I felt like I didn't want to do anything but relax here. I thought my awe of the grandeur had worn off. Because this was the largest bathroom I'd ever seen, complete with walls adorned with black marble and gold glitter that looked really elegant for a bathing area. Whoever planned this facility didn't want to overlook the small elements and instead focused on creating this luxurious bathroom. If the mattress wasn't heaven, this may be. I took a brief shower that morning and started as usual.

Despite the fact that I skipped the phase where I usually left my hair alone and gave it a shot, I was taking a moment to blow my hair out. I was simply too lazy to do anything, but the first days were always the most meaningful to me. So it wouldn't be wrong if I cleaned up a little. In fact, I applied thicker makeup than normal. I used smokey eyes, eyeliner, and bold red lips for the first time.

I had no idea what had possessed me to begin doing it. Perhaps the thoughts of Mama telling me not to wear them were starting to fade from my brain. However, seeing it on my big lips, I kind of loved it - felt very Taylor Swift-like.

Similarly to my choice of clothes, I also wear what Mama has always banned me to wear. It was a white tight and cropped baby tee with the smallest little skirt of denim I could find. I chose glossy high boots in the same color as my top for the shoes. I just wore what I always wear as an accessory: a heart-shaped pendant with LM's name in front of it.

Don't pass judgment; that was a birthday present. Leo, with his self-absorption, had to pick the gifts that came with him. He explained that he wanted me to remember him even if we were far from each other. Ignoring the fact that it was simple to do because of television broadcasts that continually highlighted his face. Not to mention that the photographs he chose for this locket were all of his face.

My heart was racing as I stood up and looked in the mirror of my room. As I glanced at the girl in the mirror who was looking back at me, I felt a jolt of surprise. I looked different, far different from a girl who was only given a choice of clothes by her mother every time she went out. No more jeans or knee-length skirts. No more stupid rules and limits.

I giggled to myself as I twisted a little. The thought of leaving the apartment in this way pleased me for a reason. My heart seemed to want to escape my body, and the hairs on my neck stood on up. I didn't look like myself, which made me a bit thrilled. It was like a new sensation that I couldn't describe.

I took out my phone, opened the camera, and began to pose. I even snapped a mirror selfie, which seems to be popular these days, and saved it to share on Instagram later.

My thoughts wandered to Leo while I was playing on my phone. I looked out the window, which was still pretty early. But I was certain he was awake. Given that he must be training or doing anything with the other players. Though it was six o'clock, and I should have returned to my original destination - the spot where I and a few other models had made an appointment to meet before arriving at the stated location. But, a quick hello was never a bad idea, was it?

Needless to say, we only uttered a few things last night before deciding it was best to call it a night and go to bed. Of course, none of us could fight tiredness and yawning for more than a few minutes at a time. So he said he'd call back the next day. I stated I couldn't since I didn't know if I had enough time before leaving for the flat. But, Leo being Leo, he swore to contact me before I even woke up. He was confident about the last line, and like an affirmation, he made me answer yes.