Football Practice pt. 1

It had been about a week since I moved, and I hadn't been able to breathe a sigh of relief or do everything on my bucket list, which was titled 'freedom' above it. All of the things I did were mediocre, and they kept repeating, leading me to feel that this was my new normal. Nothing new besides getting ready for the runway, eating, showering, and sleeping. And it was a never-ending circle.

I was thinking a while ago that instead of lying down in the apartment till I'm bored to death, I could take a breather and recharge my energy. So, I had intended to get up early yesterday to go shopping at the nearby mall. Since I couldn't find anything else to make me happy, I wasted my money on stuff I already owned but wanted in a different shade. But don't blame me because I liked to mix and match my outfits. So I needed a large number of materials to do that.

I had everything planned out nicely, and I immediately imagined how much fun it would be to shop at Victoria's Secret or get some new lotion from Bath & Body Works. To top it all off, I had figured out how to order a vehicle service that would be willing to take me anywhere I wanted on my own. Actually, I was not entirely alone. There was a cute worker clearing up my room, and I ended up asking for his help - even if it meant some long sloppy make out sessions.

Actually, I could have asked Juan for it. Aside from that, I knew he'd protect me and whatnot. Secondly, he would not waste my money. Because he was also Leo's bodyguard, and I might have that privilege as well.

But I thought I might need a break from the guy. Don't get me wrong, he was sociable, and we were on the verge of becoming friends, and I'd gone this far to earn his trust. It was actually fairly simple because all he did was talk, and this week I've learned to be an excellent listener. To put it simply, he was sometimes too much for me. He was always enthused about something when all I wanted to do was climb on my bed and fall asleep.

Finally, if I didn't get away from all of his whining soon, my ears would explode. I wasn't sure if it was a possibility, but if it were, I would have crossed a very fine line.

All hope was lost, though, as I stepped outside the main entrance and saw Juan waving at me while flashing a silly grin next to his bmw. Even though my heart was pumping, I couldn't help but wave at him. He was basically everywhere. He had side-swept hair that was stupidly neat but appeared rigid from the pomade he was wearing.

He was like a devil. If not, he was undoubtedly another evil creature. I was even concerned that he could read my mind. As I approached his car, all I could do was pray to God above to protect me from Juan and all the wicked tricks he might play on me.

But after a few thoughts in my head, Juan detected a change in me and became concerned. He then stated that he knew I had nothing planned for Saturday and wanted to ask me out since he felt I needed all of the things he mentioned had been bothering me the previous several days.

By the time the day was through, my arms were hurting from carrying so much new makeup and victoria's secret bags. Something that should have made me smile instead elicited a sad sigh as I banged my head against the wall. Perhaps it was because my ears were buzzing from the combo of Juan's speech and the cheesy Spanish tune he played during the drive.

Whatever the reason, this felt worse than any hangover I'd ever experienced.

The mood didn't appear to fade quickly, as I thought I had it until the next day. I'd tried everything to distract myself, but it simply kept piling up. In fact, a whiskey couldn't make me joyful as usual, which surprised me.

So I developed a bizarre habit that made me feel a little better - soaking in the tub with warm water and bubble soap that I thought I was pouring more than I should. When I heard a phone over the sink, I snapped back to my thoughts. I grumbled but still took it leisurely.