"Can You Learn?" A Drake Story | Chapter 9

Carter's pov

"Everybody's not like that carter! I'm not like that, you know I'd never hurt you." I shrugged my shoulders. "How would I know?" He grabbed my hand. "Because you know me and you know I wouldn't, have I hurt you since I've known you?" "Yes, the other morning when you were with that stupid hoe." He sighed. "It was just some random girl. I was waiting outside the locker rooms so I could take you to class." "Whatever," I mumbled. He mumbled something and started driving away. "So, I take it you don't want to go to our dinner reservations?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "Just take me home." "Seriously?" "Yes, I'm serious" He continued driving, passing by my street, and got on the freeway. "Where the hell are you going?" I asked. "To dinner, I paid for that damn reservation and I'm not gonna waste it."

I rolled my eyes and sat back. On the outside I looked mad but to be honest I was happy a guy was finally doing something nice for me. I've been fucked over by men all of my life until I met Kirk. I continued sitting like that until he tried getting out but I locked the door. "What the fuck are you doing?" He asked. "I wanted to talk to you." "I have nothing to talk to you about because obviously you don't know me like I thought you did." Before I could respond he slammed his door and walked towards the restaurant. I sighed and got out as I followed behind him. What have I done?

------

Kirk pulled up to my house. "Bye" He mumbled looking out the window. I sighed and tried grabbing his hand but he moved away. "I had a nice time at dinner with you." He shrugged his shoulders. "Whatever" I looked down. "Good night, Kirk," I said opening up the door. I stuck my foot out but turned back to him. "Could you walk me to the door?" "Are you sure you trust me to do that?" I sighed. "Never mind, you don't have to." I got out of the car when I heard him turn it off. "Hold up carter" I closed the door as he grabbed my hand and we started slowly walking up to the door. "I know you might think this is corny and all but I just want you to know that I like you and I really care about you. You don't have to say it back but I just wanted to get it off my chest. Alright?"

He sighed as I didn't respond to him. He dropped me off at my porch. "Good night carter." He said sticking his hand out. I sighed. "Could you come in?" He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know" "Please? I don't think my cousin and her boyfriend are here. We can have the entire house to ourselves, without being interrupted." "Whatever" I rolled my eyes and pulled him into the house, only to be stopped by Erica and chris. "How come you didn't kiss her on the porch nigga?" chris asked Kirk. I rolled my eyes. "Could you please get your boyfriend, Erica?" I asked her. chris  smiled, "He didn't kiss you because your lips probably taste like ass." I folded my arms. "How would you know?" I asked him.

Kirk grabbed my hand, "Her lips don't taste like ass." Erica looked at me and pulled me into the kitchen. "You kissed him?" She asked. "Well see, I just kissed him but it was a quick kiss but then he kissed me but I kissed back." She smiled and pushed me. "It's about time you let a guy in." I shrugged my shoulders. "He's mad at me." "Why?" "I'll tell you in the morning." "Alright" She replied as I pulled Kirk upstairs to my room. "Fuck her good!" chris yelled. "Fuck off moron!" I yelled back. I closed my bedroom door behind myself and pushed Kirk back on my bed. "Damn Carter" He said as I sat in front of him. "I'm sorry about earlier. It's just things have been really hard on me lately. It's just I have a hard time trusting people, especially guys since my Dad just walked away from me and I never had a Mom to--" He stopped me before I broke down crying.

"You don't need to explain yourself," He said. I nodded my head. "Come here," He whispered. "Why?" I whispered back. He shrugged his shoulders. "Because I said so" I looked up at him. "No" He grabbed me by my waist and put me in his lap. "Yes," He mumbled as he kissed me.