"Can You Learn?" A Drake Story | Chapter 11

carter's POV

I smiled. "I'm yours?" He nodded his head. "Yeah even though you've been mine, for awhile" "Oh, yeah?" I asked. "Yeah" "Okay" I turned back to the front of the room and started getting my stuff out for class when the professor walked in and immediately started writing stuff on the board. "Damn, slow down nigga," I heard Kirk mumble behind me. I laughed and continued copying down what he was writing when somebody raised their hand. He turned around. "Yes?" The professor asked. "Do you mind slowing down some?" As the person questioned the professor I took this time to hurry and copy down more stuff. "Get out of my class!" The professor yelled. The person gathered their stuff, pushed past the professor and walked out of the classroom. "If any of the rest of you can't keep up get out and switch out of my class right now." The professor said.

I heard people get up and at least 30 people walked out. "I'm leaving," I heard Kirk whisper to me as he gathered his stuff up. I turned around and stopped him. "You need this class to get all of your credits." "I can take another Algebra class. I'm sorry Michele." "Kirk" I groaned. He stood up. "I gotta go." "Hurry up and get out!" The professor yelled to Kirk. "Chill out I'm leaving" I rolled my eyes as Kirk walked out of the room. I turned around and saw half of the class still here. "Now since all of the rest of you can keep up we can slow down." We all looked at each other as the professor smiled. "All of that was an act to keep all of the slackers out who won't make it that far here." He said.

--

I started walking out of class when Professor Ealy (Yeah like the guy from Takers and Think Like a Man with the pretty eyes) asked me over to his desk. "Yes sir?" I asked. He shuffled through the papers on his desk and handed me our latest test which I got a 98 on. "You did good Miss. Sanders that was the best in this class." I smiled. "Seriously?" "Yes, have you thought about taking my Calculus class?" "Um no" "You really don't need to be in this Algebra class. C'mon you pull straight A's on all of my assignments, you know yourself you don't need to be in this class. Have you ever taken Calculus?" I nodded my head. "Yes, in high school but we kind of touched on the whole thing. There was never enough in depth information ever given on it." "Alright, how about we meet here about 4 o'clock to go over some things?" "Okay, thank you"

"No problem, just keep pulling those A's" "Will do" I replied as I grabbed my things. I walked out of the class and saw Kirk standing by the door. "Hey Carter, I'm sorry I left you in there." "It's fine by next week I'm sure I won't be in that class anymore." "Why?" "Professor Ealy thinks I don't need the class." "Don't you need to take Math?" He asked. "He doesn't think I need Algebra, he thinks I need to take Calculus." "Oh, I don't like that nigga. Don't trust him." "Mhmm I think he's fine. He totally changed once all of you left. You should really come back tomorrow." I replied. "I don't think so" "Why not?" "I don't like him and I don't wanna be in that class." "Alright, I'll see you later Kirk

 I walked ahead of him, getting tired of his attitude. I don't know why he won't listen to me. He misses most of his classes and doesn't do his homework; I'm just trying to help him because he's bound to get kicked out anytime soon