CH 2

Wednesday had just woke up in a sweat. She felt nauseous, and not in a good way. Wednesday felt like whatever she ate yesterday was coming back to her.

Wednesday had not experienced anything like this before. Sure, it beats being stabbed in the stomach, but it was torturous. Wednesday didn't know what was happening to her.

She sat up and looked around. Enid was still sleeping since the classes didn't start until tomorrow.

"Thing?" Wednesday called out quietly.

Thing came with thuds following him. Wednesday got up and picked up Thing into the restroom. She didn't feel good. Goody probably had something to do with this.

Ever since Goody disappeared, Wednesday had felt that her immune system had been weakened. This would probably also explain her ability to sleep to fail too. Maybe she was still adjusting?

Wednesday fell down on her knees, next to the toilet. She felt as if she was going to throw up. The pain was terrible.

The dismembered hand seemed to be acting nervous and worried. All she has ever gotten in the past was only ever a cough and a sneeze and that was it. Now, this was a new experience. She seemed to be acting so nonchalantly, it almost made Thing afraid.

Then, a knock came on the door and a voice followed. "Wednesday, you in there?"

It was Enid. Of course. Wednesday's eyes widened. She didn't want Enid to her vulnerability. She stood up straight, trying her not to look ill and opens the door.

Wednesday mumbled, "When did you wake up?" Her voice sounded dry and hoarse so she kept it at a low tone so Enid couldn't tell. It was embarrassing not to use precision of language.

"Just right now? I was actually going to go on a date with Ajax. He just texted me," Enid showed her the texts. "I just wanted to shower first."

"Oh."

Enid nodded, "So, are you done? I gotta go soon."

Wednesday moved out of the way and waited for Enid to finish. In the meantime, she got ready and continued writing her novel, but couldn't help and wonder why she was feeling this way. She was feeling a bit fine yesterday, what happened today?

"Thing, what do you think?" She asked the hand, "Do you think I'm actually ill? This is disgusting, how do people live like this?"

Thing was confused too. He couldn't answer her questions. Wednesday thought and thought. What could've gotten her infected?

"Find out, quickly. At this point, I'd rather just be stabbed again," Wednesday demanded.

"Find out what quickly—? Wait no, never mind that, you were stabbed?" Enid's voice came from behind. Wednesday didn't hear the water stop. Enid was brushing her wet hair. "Who stabbed you?"

Wednesday didn't answer, instead she just continued writing. Thing exited the dormitory to find something that would cure Wednesday. Enid just stepped closer and leaned over Wednesday.

Wednesday glanced up out of curiosity. What was Enid doing? Enid then swiped the paper and started to read it in her head. The raven's eyebrows furrowed.

Wednesday was furious, "Put that down or else I'll decapitate you and scatter your head and body where no one can find it." She noticed that Enid covered her scars with bandages, but didn't bother to say anything about it.

"Sure, have fun with that," Enid snickered, "I don't think you mean that. I mean, you could definitely, but I don't think you'd actually do it. Now tell me, who stabbed you?"