CH 5

Enid was slightly relieved that Wednesday had left her alone. She didn't want to tell her that she wasn't able to turn. The she-wolf didn't want to think about it anymore, so she started to think about something else. She thought about the Rave'N and how Ajax was going to ask her. The new headmaster declared that the event should be held earlier since it was ruined last semester. It was only about two weeks away and she was stressing about it. She wouldn't know what to say, the obvious answer would be yes, but somehow that answer didn't seem so obvious. This wasn't helping Enid in any way.

Its like cupid shot an arrow into Enid and she didn't know what to do with it. She hugged her plushie even tighter, but eventually she got up and looked out towards the window. For once she fit into society like a missing puzzle piece, now that progress seemed so lost. She could hear the howling from the other werewolves. She envied them. She thought that was supposed to be her. She turned, why isn't she turning again? Enid saw Wednesday's cello. She thought about Wednesday once again, she knew that Wednesday didn't know about werewolves that much, considering that even if Enid was sick, she'd still be able to turn. That was oddly ignorant of Wednesday. She smiled sadly, Enid knew that she wouldn't amount to another's expectations, especially her mother's. She tried so hard, but that didn't help. She didn't know why she needed to appeal others. Maybe that was just the dog aspect of her. She wished that she could be like Wednesday and not care what others think about her. She admired that part of Wednesday.

When Wednesday made it out the door, she found a box. It was gold plated around the middle, though it wasn't real gold. It was a small box and looked cheap. Wednesday had picked it up, whether this be a trap or anything else, she was intrigued. It had an envelope underneath it. She first opened the box, it had contained pictures. About five photos were stored in there. Her jaw clenched, the photos weren't of her. There were of Enid. She opened the envelope next. It wasn't normal handwriting, it was letters from a newspaper.

Wednesday scoffed at this, the person who was doing this knew that she couldn't identify them since the note wasn't handwritten. This was the only clever thing that this person has done. The stupidest was messing with her. The note read, 'Your friend is very beautiful. Let's not do anything drastic.' With a little smiley face at the end. Her eyebrows furrowed. If this was effecting someone else, she needed to do something. Normally, she would not care if this was just her, sure it would be weird. But that was her thing. If someone crossed her turf, she needed to do something about it. And if they're coming after people who could help her, she needed to get rid of this person, quick. She stared at the pictures of Enid. Her goofy smile was annoying, surely. Wednesday stared a little bit too long at the pictures, but eventually snapped out of it. Now, it would be smart for Wednesday to make 'friends,' or more loyal people who could help her. Yoko wasn't well acquainted with Wednesday, but it didn't matter anyway because Wednesday wasn't considering fetching Yoko to be her little henchman, considering that she left during Tyler's torture. Definitely not Xavier either, she didn't trust him at all. The psychic groaned in frustration. She wanted to shut down all her thoughts, she was still pretty tired. She sat down next to the door. She didn't want to go in, not with Enid at least. Just as Wednesday thought she was in peace, the familiar werewolf opened the door. The psychic hastily grabbed the envelope and the box and hid them beside her.

"Wednesday, where are—" Enid looked down, "Oh, were you sitting by the door the whole time?" Wednesday looked away. She felt like she was getting a headache from Enid.

Wednesday spoke, "Sinclair, are you still feeling pain?" She was still looking away.

"Uh huh, and I still am," The she-wolf lied, "Why did you walk out?"

"Because, I didn't want to be in the same room with you. You and your side of the room is too colorful for my taste," Wednesday stated, rather blankly. "Also, you interrupted me when I was trying to help."