1

"Keturah. There's this new story out there I need you to go and cover." My boss announced immediately I entered the building.

"It's a catchy one and from our source, it might cause a little...well huge havoc and you know you are the right person for the job.

I'll get the full details so that you can start working on it." He added following me to the newsroom.

Jordon was a workaholic just like me and was a good boss too but sometimes he went overboard.

I love him, I really do and he's become one of my closest friend no-let's just say buddy. I don't do friends unless I really know the person.

I nodded and gave him a wink.
"I got you." I whispered earning a relief sigh in response.

He honestly thought I wouldn't do it. Well maybe because I was balancing work and school plus I was the youngest employee in Zeyd Broadcasting Network.

It's been an honour working in this organization with these talented and bright people.

I remember the first day I came here, I felt like I didn't belong because need I forget, the anchors on every show could do their work diligently without even looking at the teleprompter, which was insane. And the reporters too outstanding.

My jaw was always on the floor after thinking about how they do it but as time went on, I was given the opportunity to anchor once in a while.

Particularly a brief segment from the breakfast shows and evening news and I loved it.

I sat on my designated seat smiling at the people who greeted and did same. I could hold a conversation with any of my colleagues but not to the extent of going out to grab a bite. That's how awful I was.

An antisocial human being but I'd like to think of myself as an ambivert because I have good friends who know me well enough and understood my personality.

I quickly bent my head and did my business, writing down a new feature I'd been working on for a long time.

I wanted it published at the end of the week and I'd been procrastinating for the past two days. I made up my mind that I'd finish it today in two hours then get back home to get ready for school tomorrow and I did just that.

I said few goodbyes to my colleagues who were still in the newsroom as I printed out the scripts and quickly marched to Wanzita; our chief editor for our newspaper and magazines.

I tapped twice and she rolled her eyes, smiling and motioning for me to enter.

"There's no need for you to knock you know." She said for the umpteenth time with her head buried in the script she was reading.

Wanzita has been the chief editor for ZBN for a decade and she was pretty good at her job. I smiled and stood behind her chair. I smirked and twirled the chair making her shriek.

"Now that I have your attention, I came in to bring my script for Friday. It needs to go this week. I'm done with it."

I said innocently batting my eyes and gave her the script hoping she'd read it. She took it and scowled at me.

"Well if you didn't do that I might have read it." We both laughed in unison. She was always fishing out excuses when it came to me.

"I just wanted you to get your head out of the script, you looked so focused in there." I added making her sigh.

"Fine. I'll look at it tomorrow first thing in the morning now get out of my office." She shooed me while I saluted thanking her and leaving for home.

She was the only key to this publication. Without her approval, my script would just join the pile of junk in her bin. I sat in my old rusty jeep patting it twice for not giving up on me and drove home.