22

If you're loving the story so far, don't forget to vote.

Keturah's POV

"DD can you please do my hair too?" I heard Keisha ask shyly when she opened the door for Darien, he smiled and nodded giving her a forehead kiss.

Of course he couldn't say no to her, even my mom couldn't.

"What did I say about going to the door?" I scolded her softly and she apologized fixing her doe-like eyes on the floor.

"I wanted to tell DD first before he does yours."

It was quite embarrassing to have a male unbraiding my hair and I tried my best to talk him out of it but, he wouldn't listen.

He picked Keisha up, positioning her on his hip and led us to my room. I don't know what he said to my sister but when he set her down, she was out of the room smiling and squealing.

"What did you say to her?" He shook his head not wanting to tell me.

"It's a pinky promise, I can't break it." I chuckled and sat on my vanity chair to start only to receive a smack on my hand which hurt a lot.

"What was that for?" I moaned in pain rubbing the back of my hand.

"I'm the one in charge of your hair today. Call me Monsieur Pablo." I guffawed with tears in my eyes at his accent.

"What's with the accent, dude it's so-"

  "Silence!" He yelled using the accent again, "now, we are going to wash this hair and make it brand new."

"That's Russian man," and that earned me another smack on my back. He started working on my hair for five minutes, literally five minutes and walked out for an ice cream.

We ate and joked around laughing at some stories from campus. I sighed and became conscious of my hair again. I was embarrassed my hair smelt bad and I didn't want him to smell that and make things awkward.

"I want to take over from here if you don't mind."

I cringed at my words realizing that I'd spoilt the mood. "Why? So that you can make your hands stink? hell no." I groaned mentally looking for a shell to crawl into.

"It's fine, I always do this with Rosa when my dad is busy, he usually helps Rosa with these things oh wait, does it make you shy? Because- you know what? Don't answer that."

He turned me around and worked on the last three, shoving his finger in my nose. My face morphed into that of a bloated person ready to gag from the unpleasant smell on his finger.

"That's your hair not my hands." I rolled my eyes at him completely embarrassed at how my hair stunk, we got up to my tub after he unbraided the last row and helped me wash my hair.

I had to give it to him, he knew how to work my scalp. I've never felt this good about my hair and scalp in a very long time.

"I want to style it for you what do think?" He suggested using a whole bunch of shea butter in my hair.

"Will you be curling them for me?" He gasped and beamed going through my stuff.

"That's actually a great idea but I want to do them the natural way, do you have some bendy rollers?" I pointed to the drawer on my left and he went for them.

"How do you do this so well?" I asked now thinking of how we've been able to spend about two hours on my hair. "Because I'm good." I snickered earning another smack on my head.

"You've got to stop doing that and that's not what I meant." I winced massaging the back of my head. He sighed and ignored me as he fixed some few strands of my hair into the rollers.