Chapter 8: Return of the Octobot Queen! (to be)

"He's not here." Craig thought as he looked around the empty garden. Usually, Tavi was the one waiting around for him, but today clearly was an exception. Where did he go?

 Craig was about to sit down when he sensed something geomagnetically. Visualized not so far away from him were labeled arrows orbiting an invisible center of gravity. He tried to read them.

 "Octa-?"

 He didn't have time to finish reading before an extraordinarily tall octoling girl touched down in its place, seemingly out of nowhere. Reddish-pink ink splashed and fell at her feet from the impact. She wore thigh-high laced-up boots, with shiny sliver heels and shiny pleather athletic shorts to match. She held a convenience store bag in one hand, and a heavy-looking roller with gold designs similar to Octavio's brush folded up in its "travel" mode in the other. Not surprisingly, her tentacles matched her ink color, fading into a dark burgundy at the tips. One particular tentacle came from a deep layered side part and had several cuts made in it, creating the illusion of several covering the right side of her face. Not that it mattered much though, as most of it was already concealed by a pair of Octoleet goggles. The rest of her attire also resembled the uniform Octavio was wearing during their battle, except she wore a sarashi under the metal breastplate instead of the regular cropped t-shirt. Her utterly unfeeling expression brought an extreme air of danger. She began searching around the garden, looking for cod knows what.

 Craig remained hidden behind the tree, panickedly wondering what to do. This girl certainly didn't look very friendly, and might not take well to an inkling commoner inside the palace grounds. And judging by the way Tavi had reacted when that old man came into the garden? Yeah, he should definitely avoid any potential members of the Octarian military.

 No, she was definitely looking for Tavi. Who else spends all their time out here?

 A sharp red glint shone into Craig's eyes. He made a small shriek of surprise before shrinking into his squid form. The beam had temporarily hurt his eyes... Had she spotted him? Craig dry swam into the tall grass at the wall in an attempt to hide.

 Immediately, she dropped the plastic bag and tightened her grip on her roller. She walked up to the tree. Being so close to the ground, the resounding thud of footsteps rang throughout his body, and Craig could hear his hearts nearly pounding through his chest alongside them.

 She stood at the base of the tree, scanning the wall for any sign of movement. She had been standing there for what seemed like forever. Unluckily, just as Craig thought she would pass, a purple tentacle tip caught her eye.

 She beelined straight for the grass and grabbed Craig by the scruff of his fins. He trembled in her hands; Oh, how small he felt!

 "You slimy little imposter! Just what the shell do you think you're doing here? Tryin' to peep my little brother, you freak!?" She growled, voice dangerously low. Her voice had this particular growl to it, similar to Tavi's. Could she really be...?

 She flicked to deploy the rolling mechanism, holding it up between Craig's eyes. He could see fresh ink readily dripping off, just begging to be flung onto some poor invader like him.

 "Too scared to talk, huh? You should be. Answer me, you fucking weirdo!"

 The girl thrust the roller in and out of his face to further intimidate him. No time to think about it now, Craig had to act fast, or else he would definitely be killed.

 The girl slightly shook him against the wall. Her patience was running thin.

 "Don't wanna talk? Fine! Suit yourself. Have fun in the dungeons, you-"