Fulton

As we skate around town we see some of the district 5 boys.

"Guys." I say, looking at them hesitantly.

"Y/n dont be a pussy." Mcgill says.

I roll my eyes as they skate towards the boys. Adam takes my hand and drags me after them, we catch up fast.

Larson grabs a magazine out of one of the kids hands.

They all look at us. "Hi girls." Larson smirks. The boys start circling them. I lean aginst the brick wall.

"Does your mommy know you have that?" McGill mocks.

"Naw, shes busy with the mail man." A kid responds. I laugh a little.

"That'll make good bathroom reading." Adam says, grinning. I roll my eyes.

"Thats mine you jerk, I found it." Some kid complains.

"You wouldnt even know what to do with it, wuss breath." McGill responds. 

The kid who had the magazine then charges at Mcgill but Adam and him take him down easily.

"Come on." They challange. 

I skate towards my friends and stand next to them.

"Whats a girl gunna do?" The fat kid asks.

I push him to the side and he falls. "We already beat your asses on the rink, we can easiley do it here."

Adam grabs my arm, squeezing it lightly, silently telling me to calm down.

I pull my arm away.

Just then McGill and Larson get picked up and slammed against Adam and I, causing us all to fall into a pile of garbage. I groan, being the one on the bottom and roll to my side. I recognize the kid who threw my friends to be Fulton. This footman legend in middle school. He was in the papers a few months ago. He growls at us. We all get to our feet and skate out of there as fast as we can.

"Oww." I say when we come to a stop finally.

I raise my shirt a bit and see a purple mark, the size of a baseball, inprinted onto my side.

"Thanks for cushinoing our fall." Mcgill grins, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Shut up." I swat his hand away.

"See you guys tommorw." Adam says as we all head home.

When I get home I take off my skates and throw them into the garage.

I head to the kitchen and pull an ice pack from the freezer.

I go to my room and turn the tv to a hockey game. I place the ice pack on the purple bruise and hiss as the ice pack stings my skin.

"Fucking district 5." I roll my eyes.

I watch the game in silence until I hear the garage open.

My heart drops. there are only two reasons mom would be home this early. 1. shes brought home another man and 2. shes been kicked out of the bar for being too drunk. Either way I piss her off.

Its hard growing up with a single mother whos an addict and a dick but Ive grown to tolerate it.

I hear my mother laughing and a mans voice. I suck in my cheek and lock my bedroom door. This was honestly the better of the two options. She forgets about me for the night which also means theres no reason we get into a fight.