Party

After practice McGill stands on top of a bench in the locker room.

"Guys! Mom said yall could come over tonight if your parents say its ok. Were having a party."

"Im down." I say.

"Great."

Unsurprisingly mom wasnt home. I quickly shower and dress. I pull on grey plaid pants and a blue cropped top. I grab white converse and put them in my backpack and I straighten my hair. I grab my skates from the garage and put them on. I head over to Mcgills place and knock on the door. His mom opens the door and smiles.

"Oh good to see you, Y/n!" She says.

"Yes, you too." I respond, pulling off my skates and putting on my converse.

"They are in the backyard honey." She says as I step into the house.

"Ok thank you." I say, as I head to the back door.

"Y/n!" They all shout as I walk out the house, I close the back door behind me and walk towards them.

As I walk closer, I see that there's no open seats. I place my bag on the ground and sit next to it.

Adam immediately stands up.

"Y/n, take my seat." He insists.

"No, it's ok." I say, but he continues to stand.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yes, now sit back down." He does.

As the night goes on we roast marshmallows and talk about the game against district 5.

"Man they suck." Larson laughs and we all agree.

"I think the conway kid could be good if he got better coaching." I pipe up and everyone goes quiet.

"Y/n stop taking such pity. Sometimes its better to just not talk." McGill says and everyone nods.

My stomach drops. It's sometimes hard being the only girl on a boys team, they all seem to be thinking the same thing all of the time.

"Sorry." I mumble but I doubt they hear.

~~~

The sun is well set and the weather is breezier. I sit on the ground still, leaning against Adams chair, my arms wrapped around each other, trying to stay warm.

"Here." Adam says, handing me his hawks hoodie.

"I cant take it." I say.

"Why?" He questions.

"Cause, then youll be cold."

"No I wont, I have a long sleeve shirt on. You're basically half naked." He says, grinning.

"Am not." I say as I accept the hoodie and pull it on.

It smells like him. I liked it.

"Hey love birds!" Mcgill shouts, my face turns red as I face him.

"Were gunna go to the pond to play a bit. Wanna come?" He asks.

"Unless you want to be alone. Ya know?" Larson says with a smirk.

"No were coming." Adam says shutting them down.

He gets out of his chair and offers a hand. I take it and he pulls me up.

"Thanks bud." I say, giving him a pat on the back and running to catch up with the others.

Mcgill slings an arm around me when I catch up with them.

"I didnt bring skates." I say.

"Neither did anyone else. Were just gunna shoot a bit." He responds, smiling down at me.

~~~

After a little we decide to go home for the night.

"Night." I say as we separate.

--------------------

a/n

sorry this was so short. im trying to work on making them longer but its hard to do with a filler chapter. also trust im working up to the good stuff.