Hospital

That night I head to the hospital to see Adam.

Maybe he doesnt see me as a friend anymore like McGill says but I still see him as a friend.

I walk into the hospital and the lead he to his room.

Hes sitting up in his bed, surrounded by flowers and cards and... his teammates.

They are all talking excitedly about the game.

Jessie spots me first.

"What do you want cake eater?" He asks. The room goes quiet and they all look at me.

"I just wanted to check up on Adam." I say, leaning against the door frame.

"Why do you care?" Jessie asks.

"Jessie its ok, whats up Y/n?" Adam asks, looking me in the eyes.

"Hey Adam?" Connie says.

"Mhm?" He asks, still looking at me.

"Me and the boys are going to get food. We'll be back soon." She says, grabbing Guy's hand and eyeing the others. They all leave the room, leaving just Adam and I in the room.

I walk over to his bed and stand near it.

"How are you?" I ask.

"Fine. My head hurts but the doctors said it isnt a concusion." He responds.

"Thats good." 

"Sit down." He says, moving to the side.

I do.

"You guys did good today." I tell him.

"Thanks." He responded.

"How are you liking playing for the ducks?" I ask.

"I like it a lot actually. I dont think they really liked me at first but we get along now and considering we just won the playoffs im really happy." He says.

I grin with a nod.

The team comes back with a sandwich for Adam, taking this as a cue to leave, I get up.

"Get better Adam." I say and head out the door.