7

NEW LO'AK X OC FF OUT <3 GO CHECK IT OUT AFTER THIS!

"Thank you, Neteyam." I said, before delicately taking it from his hand and placing it in my hair, right behind my left ear.

She thought back to how only days ago, she believed that he was the perfect son and leader , and him and his family were a representation of everything wrong with her leadership.

She was so wrong, and she didn't mind that one bit.

NETEYAM's POV

I walked to our family's shack with only one thing on my mind.

Fao, Fao, Fao, Fao.

Her name was repeating in my head over and over again, like my own personal mantra and I didn't mind that at all. After hanging out with her, and after she accepted my beads, I realised that I didn't just like annoying the girl, but that I actually liked her.

However, I knew my dad didn't like the thought of me having any 'entanglements' with the chiefs daughter, which was very hypocritical of him in my opinion. But I also didn't want to go against my father and disappoint him by getting involved with Fao if I didn't have to.

If I just explained to him my feelings, maybe he'd understand.

He should understand, seeing he experienced the same thing I am now, and I know for a fact he doesn't regret it a single bit.

"Sir?" I called out, as I slowly pushed open the door. My nerves were heightened now, and everything seemed a lot more real compared to just moments ago. I felt my stomach turn, and suddenly felt nauseous. I don't think I can do this anymore.

"Neteyam?" A deep voice questioned, and I quickly walked into the shack, taking a seat beside him on my mat, both of us sitting cross legged in front of each other.

"I need to talk to you." Sweat was beading at my forehead, and my heart was beating so loudly I could barely hear my dad as he spoke. "What is it?" He asked, and I gulped loudly. Who was I kidding? I was a trained warrior, expected to fight for my people, yet here I was petrified in front of my dad, all over a girl.

"You know Fao, the chiefs daughter?"

"Neteyam, if this is about what I think it is, you already know the--,"

"Please, just listen to me." I ground out in frustration, and I was shocked that I even cut my dad off. I was even more shocked as I looked up at his tired face that was turned into a frown, but silent nonetheless.