Special Chapter 4- Chaos

Note: The events of Special Chapters 1-3 happen during Chapter 7- Makes Sense. This chapter happens right after Chapter 7.

Michael still had a lot of time left for his free day. He wondered where his brothers were, it gets a little lonely at home without the ruckus he makes with his brothers.

He peeked out the window to stare at the noon neighborhood. He could see most peaceful views of their street from their second floor window. A house on the other side of the street had a tree with bright pink flowers on it, growing right behind its gates. The other houses were apartment style houses. Usually children played out in the street but the afternoon was too sunny, so just a few people were lounging under the shade on their porches.

Michael looked down at their garden and admired the yellow flowers his mother planted, swaying in the wind. The picnic table his father built was placed on the grass beside the flowers, with its newly varnished surface shining in the sunlight. The tall white fence around their house which they built two days ago really finished the serene garden's look.

Just spending those moments observing the neighborhood, Michael couldn't help but praise the Creator for such a marvelous sight. He wouldn't mind using the Butterfly to stop time and just enjoy the scenery until he passed out.

Then, in the distance, he saw his brothers were back from their agenda. Strangely though, they came back all at the same time, like they planned it. But ususally they never got home at the same time if they were out with friends.
Shane and Ezekiel walked side by side coming from the right side of the street, looking sweaty from their morning sports activities. They had their sports bags hung over their shoulders. His older brother Dane came from left side of the street with his bulky bag carrying his laptop.

Michael was elated at the sight of them finally comimg back.

As his two younger brothers were about to enter through the fence's gate, he saw them argue about something. Dane arrived to see the two stalling at the gate.

Michael couldn't make out what they were fighting over but Dane cut in to stop the two. They opened the gate and continued arguing more intensely in the garden. Then things got strange.

"Woah. What did I eat?" Michael rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't just seeing things. "Nope, I'm not high. My brothers are actually glowing," he muttered to himself.

Michael was seeing sparks fly out from Ezekiel's back as he shouted something at Shane. And Shane, he was glowing like a fluorescent light. Michael saw Dane looking a little creeped out by his brothers, now even he was glowing, with a faint silverish light.

Ezekiel pushed Shane and a flash of light threw him across the garden. Ezekiel's hands were now sparking wildly.

In the garden...

"Owww," Shane sprawled on the floor, hugging his stomach.
"Ay s-s-sorry," Ezekiel tried to shake his hands, trying to turn off his sparking powers.
"Ezekiel," Dane approached his sparky brother with caution. "Calm down."

Shane got up slowly, his body now glowing a very bright white. It's a good thing the fences were high enough to keep the commotion from being a freaky spectacle for the neighbors.

"Aghhh!" Shane stared angrily at Ezekiel while still hugging his aching belly.

Then, what looked like confetti made out of light began swirling in the air around Shane. The luminescent confetti gradually clumped together to form four 3 feet long spears of light floating above him, pointing toward Ezekiel.

"Shane, chill ka lang din. Football lang yan, pwede nating balikan para makita natin kung nandun pa," Dane said assuringly to calm Shane down.

Now Dane's body was glowing an even brighter silver light. Small explosions of silver light popped up patches of dirt and grass the size of basketballs and floated in mid-air.

Now Ezekiel's whole body was surging with blue electricity as he vigorously shook his hands trying to turn it off, Shane looked mad with his four pointy floating fluorescent lights shining really white, and Dane was now the dirt king with all sizes of lawn patches floating around him.

"Guys-"
Within one second, a couple of mad things happened all at once. The four light spears shot straight in the direction of Ezekiel, electric tendrils extended in all directions from him, and wads of dirt flew at the two younger brothers.

"ENOUGH!"

Everything froze.

The light spears were frozen mid-air 2 feet away from Ezekiel, who was surrounded by bolts of electricity also frozen. Pieces of the garden were floating all around the two and Dane was a statue with his arms extended in front of him.

"Ugh. Would you look at that. Apparently I'm not the only superhero in the family anymore," Michael stood in front of the porch. He was the only one mobile in the whole neighborhood of statues.

"Michael, unfreeze Dane, only him," the deep gentle voice spoke.

"Unfreeze, bro?" he said to his brother.

"Huh, what?" the unfrozen Dane said in a daze.

"Michael, Dane, put your hands together and will the Butterfly and the Finite to merge," the voice commanded.

"Whatever that is," Michael and Dane said in unison. They held their hands reluctantly.

"What're we supposed to do?" Michael asked.

Silver and iridescent light glowed from their joined hands. Their hands involuntarily shook violently then they pulled their hands from each other.

A floating crystalline sphere of silver and seven other shifting colors appeared in front of them, the size of a tennis ball. It shook for a second then absorbed the light spears, the lightning bolts, and the glowing lights from all three of the brothers.
"Michael, take the sphere born of time and space. It shall contain all the powers of your brothers," the voice said.

"Keep it for them then release it when you think it is time for the Finite, the Pierce, and the Fade to be released by the Buttefly."

Dane and Michael were at a loss for words on what in the world just happened here. Michael hesitantly took the sphere.

"Michael, command the sphere to erase the memories of all your brothers about this incident and their powers. Then be sure to keep it safe away from any of them, till the worthy day comes," the voice commanded.

"Huh? Bakit?!" Dane protested. "I can control it, I can! Sila lang naman yung-"
"Dane," Michael interrupted gently. "You'll just have to trust. I'll give it back soon."
"Err. Sige na nga."
"Uhh, erase?" Michael unsurely commanded the sphere.

A wave of light washed the whole garden in a flash and fixed the lawn back to normal. Then they all unfroze.

The sphere disappeared and Michael passed out on the grass.

His three other brothers stood confused and wondered how they suddenly got home.

"Woahhh. Major headache!" the three said in unison.

"Jinx!" Ezekiel said.

"Anong nayari kay kuya Mike?" Shane pointed at his snoring older brother.

End...
______________________________________________________________________________

katkat0321 I recall you saying I can't make 4 chapters in one day. I beg to differ.