Chapter 11- Peek

Note: We are back baby! Uh, I meant readers. I hope you enjoyed the 4 special chapters! Now, back to the main story. Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night was dark and cool in the urban neighborhood. The street was quiet and seemingly deserted except for that one weeping boy on the road. He had black hair and light-brown skin. He wore sneakers, dark ash-colored jeans and a black hoodie with gray feather designs in the front.

With his knees down on the asphalt road, he lifted up his head to face the night sky. He had his eyes closed as he felt rain drops touch his face. The rain drops, though, were strangely falling in slow motion. The orange light from the posts got blurry as tears and raindrops soaked his eyes.

He opened his eyes and began laughing like a madman then quickly broke into silence.

"You know, it's as if I've never learned my lesson," his voice was breaking and sad. "Heh, as if all my emotional fits and passing out from messing with time just to keep the ones I love happy weren't enough warnings that I..." he choked back his tears.

"...that I was becoming a danger to the very people I love."

"Ahhh, it seems you've been aiming to please everybody," a deep gentle voice spoke from thin air. "Is that how you've misused my gift?"

"Ha," he scoffed. "I desperately tried to please one particular person, a close friend in fact..." he looked down. "But I was already causing pain."

He got up from the ground and looked at his right hand. It began to glow in faint rainbow colors.
"I don't even deserve to be called her friend," he scowled at his hand and closed it into a fist, and the glow faded.

The whole neighborhood then began to flicker and all of a sudden, everything, even the boy, sank into the ground like black quicksand was swallowing the enitre street. Nothing was left but an island of asphalt road the size of a car in the middle of a pitch black void. It was lit with a white light from a single lightpost.

On that piece of road floating in the darkness were two people standing face-to-face. One was a teenage boy in a red polo shirt and dark denim jeans and the other was a girl of the same age wearing a pale pink blouse and fitted denim jeans. Their faces were obscured by shadows.

"You don't realize azzzshh, how much I ruined your life..." the boy said with a heavy sadness. "...how I made it hell for you."

"Hah? Di kita maintindihan!" the girl's voice was breaking as she was crying. "You're not making any sense, mshssh!"

"I can't tell you more," the boy broke into tears. "Kailangan mszzhh lang malaman na masmabuti pang..." he wiped a tear which was flowing down from the girl's cheek. "...masmabuting, hindi ka na lumapit sakin."

The girl tried to hold back her tears, but she couldn't help it.

"Sorry-" the boy turned his back on the girl, then the asphalt road island disappeared into the abyss. Nothing but a dark void was left on the scene.

"Mzhshhhhh," what sounded like a giant TV's static came from the void. Then a spine-chillingly deep and sinister voice spoke,

"How do you expect to defeat me?"

The black abyss gradually turned into a very dark violet and stars began to pop out from it, twinkling and numerous.

Then, a thick black smoke slowly spread across the starry expanse. The sun, the Earth's sun, popped out in the middle of all the smoke. The thick cloud then began to form the shape of two hands, bigger than the sun.

"I will pry open the sun wzhh my own two hands. A heart broken will not be the only thing on your head..." the smoke hands grasped the sun like a baseball. "...Michael Randelo."

The hands ripped the sun in half and a blinding light blew from the center of the now destroyed star.

Michael woke up from his dream in a hospital bed with his heart beating like crazy.