Chapter 9

The Spouses and Jake, Nic and Lisa were petrified. Out of all of the Christmas movies they watched, Against All Time was a horror flick.

Now they were in a cemetery. The siblings and cousins were setting up sleds, toboggans and hybrid mixes on the snowy hills but it was crazy! They were in a cemetery!

But the eight simply rode down the large hills, having fun. The others lightened up and tried their own hand at it. It was fun.

Wednesday was spent caroling in the neighborhood and the donations were sent to a local hospital for charity. Thursday was spend at different charity spots.

Friday was a bleak day.

Their ex-spouses showed up to throw a monkey wrench in all their happiness. They were able to escape to school but knew that when they came home, they'd have to entertain those people.

And worse yet, they were coming on vacation!

Friday sucked...

M&Q&M

The Christmas concert went off without a hitch as the whole school was in a merry mood. No one fought, everyone smiled and there were parties in every class.

By the time glee rolled around, the Fabangeses had forgotten all about their home-lives and just concentrated on the secret Santa exchange.

Marley walked up to Marcy in fear. "Here you go."

Marcy took the the small shopping bag and lifted out a glass jar of black rocks. Her brow swung up.

"They're moon-rocks." Marley gulped. "They have a calming scent to them and you just smell them when you get upset."

Marcy stared at Marley.

Marley fidgeted.

"Thank you."

Marley was unsure of if she felt the gratitude. Marcy hadn't even opened the jar.

Marcy put the jar back into the bag and handed over her own slim gift for the freshman.

Marley took it and unwrapped it. It was a leather bound journal with brown and blue accents. It was stunning actually and when the blue eyed songwriter opened the tome, she found out the pages were a sky blue with brown accents and had a blue pen that had brown ink. It was original. "I don't understand."

"You're a songwriter, right?"

"I'm not any good-" Marley blushed.

"Every writer period carries around page and pen. This is specifically made for you. No one on Earth has one like it. Fill it with whatever you want. I have nine more in a box for you but I wanted you to see the first one. There's also a couple pages in there with writing already on them."

Marley frowned as she thumbed through the pages to find the writing. She found a long message from Elton John written on the inside cover. He was basically giving her free advice and that she could call him any time and he'd help her with her songwriting. Marley couldn't breathe.

Marcy's brow swung back up. "Are you okay?"

"Elton John wrote me a letter." Marley's voice was hushed.

"So did Phil Collins. It's on the back. And so did I. It's on the second page."

"You did?" Marley flipped to the back and skimmed Phil's short paragraphs then went to find Marcy's. She found the neat lines on a page that bore her name. "Always write from the heart and your words will always be true."