Introducing Abhimanyu Birla

Abhimanyu Birla returned back from his daily morning gym session at 6:30 AM sharp with a towel lying around his shoulders. Time was always of the essence with him and he had never missed a deadline in his life. He was punctual, organised, intelligent beyond imagination, and irresistibly handsome. He was every girl's dream man. The total package. There wasn't a person who hadn't fallen prey to his charm.

And to be honest he couldn't care less.

All he worried about was his work.

Pleasures in his life were kept simple.

He valued his privacy.

His alone time.

He knew his influence and the impact of his presence but rarely took advantage of it.

The glitz and glam had never impressed him.

Nor did he care about what other people thought.

Or how much they aspired to be like him.

His only priority was his work.

And perhaps that's why he was the CEO of Birla Enterprise.

No one could do it better than him.

No one was like him.

Not even his Father. His only immediate family relationship left. Although the two had been close when they were younger, there was significant distance between them now and his Father spent most of the year living in London. Away from the hustle and bustle, he had once told him when Abhimanyu had questioned why he'd moved so far away

But in reality, he knew it was an excuse.

An escape from the memories of her.

His Mother.

At the thought of her, he felt his heart pang.

Not a day went by when he didn't miss her, glancing at the portrait he had hung of her in the hallway.

Sighing, he pushed the thoughts out of his mind as he walked back upstairs to his room.

Work was calling.

And Abhimanyu Birla was never late.

***

"Charles stop" Abhimanyu instructed his chauffeur just a couple of streets away from Birla Enterprise. Normally, Abhimanyu liked to drive but today he had asked his chauffeur as he flicked through the files for the candidates he would be interviewing this morning. This would be an important role and he knew he would need to perfect it.

His gaze fell on a young girl who maybe looked nine years old.

Pitter patter.

It was raining heavily in Mumbai. The weather had been relentless.

He observed the young girl sitting on the side of the sidewalk, trying to sell bracelets and cover herself from the rain at the same time. She looked lonely and isolated.

His heart hurt as he reached out for the locket that sat around his neck. Rubbing it and closing his eyes, letting memories flash before his eyes, he sunk into the backseat of the car and sighed.

"Charles" he croaked slowly, "please speak to my assistant and see to that girl's education and accommodation. Provide her with some warm food and for good heavens... get her out of this terrible rain" he instructed slowly.

Charles smiled warmly at his boss and nodded, saluting him in the mirror.

"Noted," he said, "I will have it arranged by this afternoon".

Abhimanyu nodded and signed with his hand for him to keep going, gazing at his watch.

Work was calling.

Thank you for your love on the first chapter! I will aim for at least 3-4 updates per week but let's see how it goes. Leave your comments, please!

N x