Saviour

The next morning Akshara settled in the car that she had hired that would drive her from Mumbai to Surat. It was a long drive and she had decided to take the route to sit down and do some reflections. She was numb and broken on the inside. Everything hurt. But if she was going there for chotu, she had to settle herself. She had carefully packed the days leading up, to prepare for this new phase of her life.

After bidding some tearful goodbyes to Rosie and getting her blessings, she settled in the car and took in the scenes of Mumbai as it passed.

"Goodbye, my love..." Akshara whispered to herself as a tear dropped down her cheek.

Heartbreaking.

It was so heartbreaking.

She was completely hollow and broken inside, just wondering how she was still living.

Sighing, she turned her concentration to the way ahead.

The driver was humming a tune and Akshara zoned out in the book she had brought along with her, trying desperately to distract herself.

Two hours along the way, she noted they had gone down some rocky patches. She did not recognise this route, and nor did it look similar to the one she had looked up online.

Sighing, she shrugged her shoulders.

It would be okay.

Until her phone buzzed.

Once.

Twice.

And then frustrated, Akshara decided to look at it.

And her entire heart jolted when she saw his name flash up.

Abhi?

Her Abhi?

He wanted to speak to her??

Shaking her hands in excitement, she instantly picked it up. Feeling her heart racing rapidly. She was so nervous she would drop it.

Clicking the accept button, as tears instantly welled up in her eyes, she began to say something but he interrupted her.

"Akshara baby...." the voice on the other end spoke hurriedly and Akshara could recognise it in a second, her eyes watering up instantly.

"Ab-" she started to speak but he interrupted her.

"Don't say anything Akshara" the panicked voice told her. She pouted, she wanted to tell him how much she loved him. How much she had been dying to hear his voice. How much he was her life. How sorry she was for everything. And how much she could not leave without him.

But he grew even more frantic.

"I know, I know what you want to say baby and we will have a long discussion about it soon - please listen to me okay, I need you to leave the car you are in right now," he told her.

Akshara scrunched her eyebrows, huh?

"Huh?" she said confused.

"Akshara please" he was on the verge of tears now, she could tell. "Please we don't have much time, you need to leave this car."

Akshara looked up at the driver and realised he'd started driving faster, locking eye contact with her.

Akshara's heart raced, her instincts kicking in, as she realised what had happened.

A trap.

She clicked the call to end it, knowing how much it would scare Abhimanyu but it was for the better because it seemed as if the driver was catching on.

"Bhaiya" she said sweetly to the driver, "I have placed my water bottle in the bag sitting in the front seat on the floor... I know you are driving but could you please get it?"

The driver grunted and Akshara did her best to not give him a disgusted stare back.

He leaned down to grab her bottle and that was her moment.

Akshara used her bobby pin to unlock her end. And then she took a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

Jumping out of a moving car, she shielded herself.

And then she ran.

She ran.

And she ran.

The wind hit her face as she heard the car reverse in the distance.

So she kept running.

But she didn't need to run much.

Because soon two arms had enveloped her.

And she knew those arms anywhere.

Looking up she smiled, her eyes now heavy from exhaustion and head dizzy from fatigue.

"Rest baby" she heard as someone picked her up and pressed a very deep kiss to her forehead.

She was home.

Abhimanyu.

Here you all go <3

Thank you for your speedy comments and voting - waiting to see what you think of this one already! Another chapter already waiting for you all.

N x