03 | Cold Waves

Clearly, this is Netherlands' best day of the year.

Scratch that, it ain't. He's in the lockers now, contemplating on what should he actually do with the endless amount of love letters stacked up in there. He growled to himself on why the lockers actually have big enough gaps to put even a deadass sock through. The air felt a bit chilly, and Netherlands scratched his nape in distress.

He contemplated whether he should hang out with Canada or not today. Maybe he should, though he wasn't in the mood for Canada's younger brother, United States of America, or rather just the last part of his name, America, to tease him endlessly about the love letters stockpiled in the locker that he has.

Canada's other two younger brothers, Australia and New Zealand, was still better than the teasing burger-obsessed America, though. But still, Netherlands felt that Australia's animals were a bit too much, and New Zealand... he wasn't that close to him.

He had no idea where his two younger siblings Belgium and Luxembourg were. His brother, the latter, was never the talkative sort, so he actually had an inkling on where he was. That sister of his in the other hand... that he did not know.

"Broer!"

Oh, he was lucky enough to be found by Belgium instead.

Netherlands smiled widely at the sight of his sister, as if he never made her feel underrepresented which made her secede from his country anyways, and he talked with her of those boring things that the high schoolers normally do and the Author didn't put in the scripts because they're too lazy.

What, that's actually an excuse that those kinds of Authors use, no? And because the Author is posing as them currently, you all gotta accept this behaviour. Things like this gives the actual Russia in the Author's actual alternate universe that they use the urge to commit an irl RendeZook.

Actually don't, that's dangerous.

I mean she would.

Anyways, Netherlands, accompanied with Belgium by his side, walked through the school hallways doing whatever high schoolers do in the typical fics. Like, oh I don't know, gossip maybe.

Author still hasn't got their shit together even after AO3 is back up from that DDoS attack. That was in the middle of 2023 when this was written-it is now 2024.

Well, whatever happens, just imagine the two siblings talk about school or something along those lines. A lot of Authors in this genre of CH does not specify, unless it's a plot device.

And I'm fairly positive that is yet to happen. Not now... not that far, though.

Netherlands was snapped from his train of thought when he heard the sound of a familiar man, Canada! he thought, as he turned around to see the other's beaming face. Belgium looked to her back to see the Personification with the coonskin hat, as she smiled. Why? I don't know. Don't ask. She can do anything she want, only purpose she serves to the plot is that she's gonna be a... thing, as expected.

"Neth, my bro! How're you doing today?" he asked, a smile still present on his face.

"Swell, what about you and your girlfriend?" the Dutchman teased, grinning when he mentioned this supposed girlfriend, not noticing Belgium disappearing.

Why? She's not needed at the moment. Not yet.

Canada blushed furiously at that. "Wha- Ukraine isn't my girlfriend!" he retorted, a mock offended expression noticeably carved upon his face.

"I didn't mention her." Netherlands replied. And he's not gonna mention his sister again unless needed, because why would he?

Alright I'll stop with the sarcasm and wall-breaking. For now.

The two kept on with their conversation (topic unknown because in the name of fuck this is satire, everything's a mystery) through the halls and together walked towards their next class.

Netherlands assumed the other had went to the cafetaria before this, with him widening his grin every time Ukraine was brought in this conversation. Teasing every moment he was able to, the bell rung as they got closer to their class.

Everything was going smoothly, that was, until a smaller figure seemingly bumped at him with full-force, sending him stumbling backwards, before getting caught by the other by his hand.

Netherlands' face reddened in embarrassment, as he could feel his heart race in his chest. Why am I-

Yeah, why are you. Anyway, Indonesia's POV, as usual. The author has lost her gripe in the timeline a little, thankfully not the main points of the plot, so pardon if it gets inconsistent. Which makes it better, arguably.

By the way, next chapter would be Indonesia and Netherlands' POV from another universe.

Indonesia chatted with his two adoptive brothers, Malaysia and Philippines, happily. In the tables, they actively ignored their food as Singapore and Brunei sighed at the sight.

"So you're just going to ignore your food like that?" The Singaporean asked, slightly pissed at the fact that Indonesia also got into trouble on his first day here.

"We're done, you'll eat them for us, how about that, Vietnam, Thailand?" Philippines piped up, as the mentioned two replied with a quick nod, as they dug in.

Singapore sent them a sceptical look, before relenting and letting them be once Brunei put a hand on his shoulder. Singapore groaned, as Indonesia snickered before the bell rung loudly amongst the room.

"Anjing, c'mon Mal, Phil, who's next?" Indo practically jumped from his seats and ran towards the lockers with his closest friends.

"Uh, Ms. WHO and her biology lessons." Phil replied, as Malaysia followed suit with his words.

"She's pretty slack, right? We have time to be late." Mal spoke, as they finally got to their lockers and took out the books they needed for this period.

"Ugh, hope she's not NATO." Indo muttered, the three hurrying in the halls as they kept running.

A minute or two has passed, and Indo kept on following the two. Then, all of a sudden, a leg out of nowhere tripped his steps, and he flew towards the person in front of him, eyes widening as a familiar face came to view-noting the reddening face ahead of him, as Indo grabbed Neth's arms to hold his descent to the floor.

-----

Not spell-checked because my phone has no autocorrect. My writing style changed, so hopefully it isn't too long on the last-half of the story.

Sorry for the 'hiatus'. I uh, lost motivation for CH for like, 7 months and I just returned from that uncalled break. Anyway, hopefully once every week would be an update. And considering next would be a special chapter-of which 3k is already written-which would hopefully mean a consistent update.

Cheers! Have an amazing time in letting the cringe seep through you brains ☺️