Chapter 9: The Killers

"Joy, let me see those envelopes," Mewtwo said the woman nodded and handed them over; using the letter opener, he sliced the first one open. It was a will transfer to Ash, stating that he was to receive all fortune but the prepaid partials for his family to leave Ash alone. The second one said that Lysander would be paid for the game setup as he requested. thanking him for understanding why he was hesitant to give the wealth to him after his gambling incident.

Mewtwo turned left and pulled a switch. A young, orange-haired man turned around with a pistol in hand. Behind him was the unidentified body, and to the side of him were a couple of dittos.

"Lysander! But I thought you were shot in that bar fight!" Joy yelled, shocked. "The master had even offered to pay for your funeral. But your family denied it."

Lysander looked at the woman before he rushed at Ash, holding the gun to his head. Mewtwo didn't move.

"Make one move, and the kid dies," Lysander said.

"As I said, I believe I know who the killer, or in this case, killers, are. Domino, I presume?" Mewtwo turned to see a young, yellow-haired woman wearing a bunch of Halloween makeup.

"In the flesh," she sneered.

"You're supposed to have your masks on," Mewtwo said.

"I designed them, you idiot; it won't affect me," Lysander said.

Mewtwo just counted before a distinct click was heard as he jumped at Ash, and Lysander's head was sliced off. Domino collapsed to the ground as the dittos ran off in fear.

"OKAY, CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS?" Fuji screamed in terror.

Mewtwo turned around and smiled, "of course."