Chapter 5:Skin Taker

~One Week Later~

~Reader POV~

"Hahaha! That was so fun!!! We should do that again!! What do you think Perc?" I looked for Percy, only to find him hugging my leg and trembling. I smiled and patted his head. "It's ok Perce. You can let go now." "Oh, y-yeah, right..." He said, letting go and standing up. I chuckled and walked back toward the Laughingstock, carrying the chest of treasure effortlessly. Percy followed after me, still a little pale-faced from going in to get the treasure. Suddenly, someone appeared in front of us. It was a tall skeleton wearing a cape and top hat made out of some kind of patchy material. Percy squeaked in fright and hid behind me.

The skeleton in front of me chuckled evilly. I glared at him in anger and frustration. "It's very rude, you know, to stand in front of someone carrying something quite heavy. Especially if that person is a lady!" I spat, furious that he just would not move. The skeleton man eyed me closely, taking in my entire appearance. Poor Percy was still behind me, quaking in fear. The skeleton man approached me and Percy, getting closer every second until he was right in front of us. He leaned down to my face and whispered, "I'll be back for you..." and then just vanished. After making sure he was gone, Percy grabbed my arm, causing me to drop the chest. He ran back to the boat with me in tow. "Poppy!!!" Percy yelled as we got on the Laughingstock. "What was that all ab-" I began before Poppy burst out of the trapdoor. "What be the problem Percy?" Poppy said frantically. "Sk....*huff huff* Skin....Taker!!!" Percy said while trying to catch his breath. Poppy went white and beckoned us down and to the kitchen. "Who is the Skin Taker?" I asked. 

Poppy and Percy looked at eachother, then at me. "The Skin Taker is that big skeleton guy we just met." Percy explained, shivering a bit in fear. "Why is he called the Skin Taker?" Poppy spoke this time, "That hat and cape ye saw him wearin' are made outta human skin." I went white as a ghost. "And if ye don' be careful, he might take yers, too." I shuddered. I didnt want to be skinned and made into a cape or hat.  "Now that he knows what ye look like, ye'll be needin' to stay with Percy anytime ye leave the ship. And ye should also have a sword and pistol with ye at all times." Poppy said. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger!!! I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever!!!! I've just been super busy. Also check out the newest chapter on Scarlet!!! Stay awesome, my kawaii readers!!! }(^w^){