chapter three

❛therapy❜

therapy

You had been moved back home after surgery, it had been a few months since you woke up. You hadn't realized it until you noticed on the calendar that you had missed your birthday—not like that was new.

"So your back home, how long? and now you're missing an arm." You heard your sister's voice as she spoke clearly and loudly. You lay in bed with pillows propped up for your back so you could sit up at least a bit.

You shrugged, looking over at the shorter girl that was dressed up as if she had just gotten back home. "as long as it takes until I can move again freely" You explained as she gave a curt nod, moving to take a seat at the end of the bed.

There was silence in the room as your sister sighed, opening her mouth shortly before closing it again. You let out a hum as you looked at her with soft eyes, "you have something to say, don't hold back" you spoke, her head turning to meet your eyes as they were filled with a vulnerability you hadn't seen from her for a long time.

Your hearing blurred out as she said something, your eyes furrowing as you took a breath through your nose. "repeat that, my hearing hasn't quite been the same," you gave a look of sadness—although that wasn't your current feeling.

"I mis—" She shut her mouth suddenly as she stood up, her face void of feelings again, something it seemed your whole family had been forced upon by your father. She walked towards the door as you looked towards the window in your room, feeling the presence of another person entering.

The person was quiet as they walked into your field of vision, holding a satchel, or a case of some sort as they set it on your bedside table. You observed the older man, reading a nametag on his shirt that said his name and that he was a PT.

"So, my father sent someone for me.." your voice trailed off as you pointed it out, watching them open the case as they pulled out a rectangular box before opening the box and pulling out a hearing aid.

You hummed as you let the man tip you onto your right side, the numb feeling of pain spreading through your back once again. He fixed the aid into your left ear as he turned it on, a slight ring filling your ear before it went away.

"That should help with your hearing, it was specially made, I heard" The man's voice was soft as he helped you back onto your back. You hummed as you heard his voice clearer out that ear than you usually would've.