chapter nine

❛isn't he what you would call a red flag?❜

isn't he what you would call a red flag?

The meeting with you and the international gang was in a fancy Japanese-inspired restaurant, which you slightly appreciated due to your upbringing in Japan.

Sitting in a rental car, your fingers tapped against the wheel, you were debating how to go about this. You didn't want to go to this meeting, but it was an order. Should you bring someone with you? No, you can call Red and put them on speaker as a witness since you didn't trust anyone over here that worked for your father.

You nodded at the thought before sighing, you needed a drink—then again. . .drinking and driving wasn't your smartest choice. You sneered slightly as you started the car, driving back into the street from the alleyway.

Your finger hovered over the call button before you ultimately tapped it, your ungloved metal hand holding the wheel, the call connecting to the car's Bluetooth. The phone rang.

one.

two.

three.

You sighed as it went to voicemail, quickly ending the call. You should've expected that, he's always busy. The hairs on the back of your neck jumped as your phone rang, quickly accepting it on instinct.

"Did you need something?" The voice of your father flowed through the car as your metal hand clenched around the wheel; denting it.

"Yes, I'm heading over to the meeting place, do you want to be on call?" You said as you looked at the dent with a slight frown, would they notice that when you returned the car?, You shook away the thought.

"Really now. . .I'm busy at the moment, get your little friend to be there, don't call for a few days" He responded, his voice stern as he said the last part. You bit your lip slightly as you instinctively said 'yes sir.'

"May you take a picture of mother's grave for me? I. . .regret not being able to see it now" You suddenly asked as you heard a gruff sigh from your father's side.

"Indeed" His response was short as the atmosphere felt awkward.

"Goodbye, Father" You finally said, your face twitching as he hung up without saying anything. Your real hand curled into itself as your nails dug into your palm. You let out a breath out of your nose, looking at the time while seeing how much longer it takes to get to the restaurant.