chapter seven

❛Seoul and School❜

Seoul and School

You sat hunched over on the bench due to your extremely annoying long legs. You were sitting down momentarily as you gathered your thoughts and stomach─having just gotten off the plane. You always felt slightly sick when in the air, or on the sea, one of the reasons you never bothered to oversee any fishing boat cover-ups.

You slowly sat up as you heard steps, which was odd considering it was night in a random park nearby your temporary hotel. You slowly sat up and straightened your back, your phone suddenly ringing in your hand as you quickly answered while glancing at the person running by.

The random man seemed familiar, as he ran by the two of you and made eye contact before he continued on his way and you spoke a 'hello' to the person on the other side of the phone. Your eyebrows furrowed as they responded.

A silent scoff left your lips but you kept silent, saying 'yes' before the person hung up. You slipped the phone into your shirt pocket as you stood up. You were going to school tomorrow for the first time, and you could use a quick meal.

You shoved your hands in your pocket, your mind drifting as you walked to a convenience store you remember your taxi passing by.

[ . . .15 minutes later ]

You stepped out of the car, handing the driver ₩14,000, with a couple more thousand as a tip(you sympathized with drivers, their job was dangerous to a certain extent). You spotted the small corner store, the fluorescent lights pouring out the slightly smudged windows.

You cracked your neck as you walked towards the door, opening it as the classic bell sounded. Your eyes take a second to adjust to the lights and your eyes meet with a small chubby boy before looking around. Your eyebrows furrow and your face is overtaken by disgust at the sight.

The boy had his hands behind his head and his pants down while a crowd of four was watching; one taking a picture with the flash on. The boy was overtaken by embarrassment as the one taking the picture, "get the fuck out!" He yelled.

You felt someone touch your shoulder as your eyes blinked, a pained scream sounding out as you come back to reality and see a hand in your own. The thick-headed douche had tears springing in his eyes as you held his hand.

You clicked your tongue quietly as you pushed him out of the way and left him to cradle his possibly broken hand. You stepped towards the other three as your eye narrowed before you looked at the victim.