chapter four

❛two years and a job❜

two years and a job

WARNING;
prostitution

Two years.

You were now freshly 16, maybe you matured faster than you should've.

Two years is how long it took for you to get used to your new arm, it was metal, more so mechanical than futuristic.

Two years was all it took for your sister to grow cold from you.

Two years for you to be forced back into the right-hand position beside your father; the White Death.

Two years.

Today was the day you were tasked to give a message to the boss of a few gangsters that were getting too close to your father's territory and about some person beating up kids. You weren't supposed to go undercover for such a simple task but you found wearing such a recognized mask might draw unwanted attention. So you simply put on what you always wore, a full black suit, your face uncovered.

Your eyes observed the back-alley district, this one seemed more focused on prostitution than others around it seemed. Women walked around in beautifully designed kimonos, some in groups and others with a man parading them towards an empty room or just around in general.

You let out a sigh as you looked around for someone that could help you. Your eyes were met by a dark blue-haired woman, her outfit consisting of a pink kimono that centered around cherry blossoms. You forced a small welcoming smile as you waved, heading towards her as she returned the smile with a more polite one.

"Can you perhaps tell me where your boss is? I'm supposed to have a meeting with the man but he hadn't shown up." The lie fell from your lips with ease as the woman gave a curt nod, motioning for you to follow.

"You are very beautiful, where were the kimonos supplied from?" You engaged the small talk, your curiosity getting the best of you as you admired the kimono she wore. Her eyes widened slightly before they softened, the topic surprising her it.

"Thank you, and I'm not sure, that wouldn't be a question to ask me, we are simply given these" her response was nice, she almost seemed slightly embarrassed at the whole situation. You let out a quiet 'mm' as your eyes lingered on each tiny alleyway that could potentially be hiding something.