chapter eight

❛

. . .friend is a strong word

You could tell what the students were thinking, it wasn't a new reaction. Most thought you were intimidating purely due to your height and the "antisocial vibe you give off" as your sister once told you.

"I'm Y/n, just call me that, it's a pleasure to meet you all" Your manners slightly surprised everyone(particularly a certain boy who you bumped into last night and don't remember).

"Take the empty seat in the back. . ." Your teacher seemed slightly unnerved by you as you side-eyed him, sizing him up on instinct before walking past the pretty boy from the hallway and a face you vaguely remembered. You were seated next to a blonde boy whose eyes were covered, which you didn't like since you could usually tell everything through a person's eyes.

You saw the pretty boy sitting down with nervous eyes thrown toward you. You felt a tap on your shoulder as you turned to look at the blonde boy, he just stared.

"are. . .you telling me something?" You paused slightly as you looked at the boy, he seemed stiff, maybe nervous but his hands were steady. He nodded his head and you could feel a lingering feeling on the back of your neck.

"oh, well, I can't understand you if you don't talk—do you know sign language or anything?" You asked, he reminded you of your old PT, and you liked that. He nodded to your question, flowers surrounding him which confused you. He signed something along the lines of, "my name is Jay."

You hummed as you nodded, "I'm Y/n and it's a pleasure to meet you." Your face doesn't change but you can see him relax as you felt a change in your own posture. "So, tell me about yourself, I can tell your cute and quiet but not much else." The words dropped from your mouth casually, a light pink reaching his cheeks.

He turned away quickly, shoving his face in his hands as you let out an amused sigh. Your eyes locked with the sight of Daniel being bombarded before you turned your head to look out the large window you were sitting by.

The teacher had left the room, Daniel following for the bathroom and you noted how everyone quickly moved around, some in groups. They began retelling a story, which made you realize that the boys who were giving you weird eyes were the ones that were from the convenience store last night.

What was the chance that they would be your classmates?