Heart

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but my thoughts.

Kurt was having an awful week, he really was.

He had to sit around and watch everyone in glee hang all over each other more than they usually did because they had an excuse.

And of course their assignment was love songs. It didn't help that his boyfriend, his one true love was at home recovering from eye surgery. It wasn't fair that he had to be miserable.

Everyone seemed to be happy, but then Mercedes went and sang the song. It was obvious that her and Sam weren't as happy as everyone else. Kurt had to decide what to do and he had to do it quickly.

Either he follows Sam or follows Mercedes, but the decision wasn't as hard as he thought it was going to be.

He grabbed his bag and fled the room. He hurried down the hall until he reached the bathroom, finding the blond at the sink.

"I can't believe she would do that to me," Sam said, not even looking up. "I thought you said that if I waited, things would get better."

"Sam," Kurt said softly. "She is just trying to figure things out. She loves you, she really does, but she is so confused.

She needs time to think, and singing her feelings is just how she is handling it."

"But you said-"

"I said that you guys needed time. It's been a week. I meant more along the lines of a month or two. I promise that if you two are meant to be together then you will be together in time. I think you both just need to be apart for right now."

"I don't think I can. I'm not strong enough." He shrugged and turned, leaning against the sink in defeat.

"I know what is going on here," Kurt said, crossing his arms and cocking a hip. "You are in love with her."

"Wh-What?" he muttered, looking up in shock. "I'm not in love with Mercedes. You are crazy.

I just really care about her. It's not love. It can't be love. I was in love with Quinn, but this thing with Mercedes it's different."

"You are just scared," Kurt told him. "Of what Quinn did to you.

She cheated and then you went out with Santana, who ended up using you. You are afraid of getting hurt if you start to love someone again, but it's okay."

Sam was speechless as he stared at Kurt. "You are the type of person who falls hard way too fast.

You see the best in everyone and you fall for that. You love people way too soon because that's just who you are, and after Quinn and Santana you sealed yourself up.

You told yourself that the next person you dated, it would be different."

"In came Mercedes. You two took it slow going from friends to boyfriend and girlfriend. You didn't fall in love with her as soon as you dated.

You took your time with the relationship, and now that you are back and she's with someone else, you realize that you love her, don't you?"

Sam still didn't answer, so Kurt continued. "You are just too scared to admit it to anyone, including yourself. So tell me Sam Evans, are you in love with Mercedes?"

Sam studied Kurt for a minute then sighed. "Yes, okay? I'm in love with her! That doesn't change anything at all though. She still doesn't want me. It's as simple as that.

I'm never going to be happy again because she's all I want to make me happy, but she doesn't want me."

"Oh please," Kurt said, rolling his eyes. "You are being over dramatic. Come on, it smells in here. I'll take you out for ice cream or something to get your mind off of her.