Ten

Myra walked deeper into the woods, leaves crushing underneath her boots as she walked. A sharp, piercing pain erupted in her head. Her hands clenched her forehead as she leaned against a tree 

“Hello Myra dear.”

She whipped her head around, face to face with Trix Ruell, her grandmother.

“Hi.”

 Trix or, to Myra Gram Trixie, had Myra´s dark brown hair with some added gray roots, the same dark brown eyes and smile. She was wearing a long black coat that stopped at her knees, a white turtleneck, gray jeans and a pair of boots. 

“How are you?”

“I´m fine, other than—”

“Your headaches.”

“Yeah. Wait, are you doing this to me?”

“As much as I would love to discuss that with you, it seems we don't have enough time. Do you still have your key?”

    Myra pulled out her key from her pants pocket. 

    “Good. Now it seems like a boy has been looking for you.”She gave Myra a sly smile as she said that. Myra felt her cheeks become warm. 

    “See you soon my little Pitch.” She hugged Myra, then disappeared.

    Myra opened her eyes, and wiped away the black liquid dripping down her face. Her clothes were slightly soaked. 

    “Myra are you alright?”

She turned to look at Xavier, who was holding a red umbrella.

    “Yeah. Yeah I’m fine. What are you doing out here?”

    “I wanted to see if you were ok. You didn't look very well at the Weathervane.”

“Oh, well thank you,” she stood under his umbrella.

“Who were you talking to?”

“ My grandma.”

‘’Wait, wasn't Wednesday going to look for the old meeting house.”

“Yeah.”

“We need to find her.” She began walking off in a random direction,

“Myra, wait.” Xavier ran after her. 

After a little while the pair found the pig tailed girl. Wednesday’s jacket was completely drenched and she appeared to be looking for something.
“Wednesday. What the hell are you doing?” Myra said as she ran towards the girl.

“I was following the monster.” Wednesday said as she got up from the ground. 

“You saw it? It’s here? Do you have a death wish or something?” Xavier’s voice sounded panicked. 

“What are y’all doing here?”

“I went into the woods to speak with a family member of mine.”

“I overheard you say you were checking out the old meeting house.I also went to check on Myra.We were lucky  we showed up when we did.”

“I did learn one thing. The monster is human. Its tracks turned from monster prints into human ones.”

Myra looked concerned.“ Is there any clues or evidence that we can use to pinpoint a person?”

Wednesday walked over to the side of the trail, but there were no footprints, only mud and leaves.

“The rain washed them all away.”

Xavier scoffed. Myra raised an eyebrow at him.

 Wednesday turned to look at him. “I know what I saw.”