Three - Take as Mate

Lucas POV

I entered the palace which was a hundred times bigger than my house. I hate the king, how could he raise a worthless child like Adam, who has committed such a great crime?

The court was packed with a lot of subjects and loyal ministers. As I entered I could feel the gaze of a thousand eyes viewing me with sympathy and pity. Straight to me was King Richard the Great, the Powerful emperor of Kingdom Lasik sitting on his high throne with his head high in pride and many guards protecting him with eagle eyes.

"I hereby present, Lucas, from Tasik Jungle in the Lasik empire", the announcer there announced my arrival. 

All of which Prince Adam told me the morning circled in my mind. "COMPENSATION FOR HIS ACT". That's why I hate these rich people, they can buy anything with their power and money.

"Lucas", the King called my name.

I raised my head from the ground to meet him. The first time, I met the royal King in his eyes. As I gazed around, I saw the culprit Adam sitting on his throne near his Supreme father with a little grin on his face, as if he knew what was about to happen in today's session.

A few other female counterparts were sitting beside him. Maybe it could be his mother or sister because they all looked similar and anyone can say from their resemblance. 

"My dear boy...I must apologize on behalf of my son! I am deeply concerned about what my son has committed. No one should dare commit such things in the future like my son did! So I have decided", he paused taking in a deep breath and looking at Adam and me and me and Adam.

"Adam will take you as his lawful mate.", he announced. The whole court was shocked. Not to mention, I was in absolute shock. What the hell had just happened? Adam raised from his chair suddenly as if he had sat on a burning flame.

"But father... that boy would be fine with compensation.", he argued his stance.

"Compensation...!", King Richard laughed sarcastically.

"Few crimes cannot be given compensation to make it right Adam! So, what I said was final.", the Highest authority of the Lasik empire concluded.

"What! No", Adam argued.

"This is not an option but a command. Follow this to save your reputation or else, forget about inheriting the kingdom.", he said sternly.

"Lucas, you will be treated by our Royal court physicians. And you are now a part of our Royal Family.", the king said. I was shocked. I could not digest what he just said.

"The court is adjourned", he dismissed the court and everyone in the court started to leave except me not knowing where to go. I stood there hoping someone would come and help me. But no one showed up.

"Lucas, I am Laura, I am Adam's elder sister.", a woman introduced herself to me. I bowed down to give her respect.

"Come on, I will accompany you to your room.", she held my hands in her arms and walked me to a place. 

"This is your room. You can call me anytime if you need anything.", she informed me with great concern.

"I don't want to do this.....mate thing", I said in a panic mode.

"Lucas, everything is happening according to the wish of LUNA. Show your hand", she took my hand and felt my pulse.

"You are so perfect and healthy to bear the future heir of our family.", she said feeling the pulse and viewing the palm of my hand.