overwhelmed | pedri gonzalez

"hey, what's wrong?" pedri asked when he saw you sitting on the sofa with your head in your hands, your laptop open in front of you, with a bunch of papers scattered around you.

you let out a sigh, before you uncovered your face, turning to face him. "i've just got so much work to do before their deadlines, and i don't even understand most of it, and i'm just so confused, and tired, and stressed, and i just want to go to sleep."

you could feel yourself getting emotional, the weight of the stressful day you'd had, finally coming down on you. you lean into pedri, his arms immediately wrapping around you, pulling you close to him in a tight embrace.

"how about we go somewhere?" he whispered.

you pull away, looking at him with your tired eyes. "i don't think i can, pedri. i've got so much work to do, i can't waste a second not doing it."

"but there really isn't any point in doing it if it's making you this stressed. you can't work well when you're in such a negative frame of mind. so come on, i'm going to take you somewhere," he stood up, holding his hand out for you to take. "now, go and get your shoes and your coat, i know the perfect place to take you."

☀︎☽☆☾☀︎

"so where are you taking me?" you asked pedri, looking around the car park that you had just pulled into, but you couldn't see anything.

"look behind you," he said, nodding his head backward slightly in the direction that you should be looking.

you looked over your shoulder through the rear window, and in the distance you could see a ferris wheel, lit up with vibrant flashing lights, with other rides and stalls poking out slightly behind the wall that was slightly obstructing your view.

"you're taking me to a fair!" you exclaimed, you face lighting up.

pedri had seen the fair on his way home, and new that he really wanted to take you, because he knew how much you loved the rides and the food that you could get. so when he got home and he found out you were feeling down, he knew that the fair would be the perfect place to take you, in hope of taking you mind away from all the things that were stressing you out.

"si, amor. i know how much you love them, and i was going to bring you eventually, so here we are. shall we go?"

"absolutely!"

you both got out of the car, linking your arm through his as you followed the sound of pumping music and flashing lights.

the first thing you did was drag pedri over to your favourite ride, a smile beaming from ear to ear as you took a look around at the rest of the place. you went on ride after ride, the smile on your face never leaving, as each ride left the two of you in a fit of giggles.

towards the end of the night, you made your way over to the candy floss stand, where they also sold burgers, hotdogs and various candies.

"just get what you want," pedri said, smiling at you.

"are you going to get anything?"

"no, i'm not too hungry, and i don't think any of this is healthy enough for me to eat anyway."

you nodded, ordering what you wanted from the stand, before making your way to the only ride that you hadn't been on yet. the ferris wheel.

by the time you had gotten to the top of the wheel, you had devoured your hotdog, and were tucking into your candy floss. "i've had an amazing night tonight," you told pedri, snuggling into his side when he wrapped an arm around your shoulders.

"i'm glad," he pressed a kiss to the side of your head.

"i'm so thankful for you. the fact that you've done all this after working all day just so you could cheer me up means more to me than you will ever know. i love you."

"i love you, too."