2: Win

I watched Peach as she chopped away at her hair, cutting it short. Shorter than i'd ever seen her hair. After a bit, she sat down the scissors and put her hands on her hips, triumphantly.

"I look just like you now!" She grinned, but we both knew that wasn't true. Her hair was a beautiful strawberry blonde, and mine was murky brown.

She grabbed the hat off my head and put it on. It managed to cover all of her golden hair. She took the hat off and grinned, pulling her fingers down the shirt pixie cut she had given herself.

"You look great." I said, smiling.

"I know!!" She spun around "I honestly love this hair."

"But what about a mustache? Mario can tell it's you without the mustache."

"Ugh. Mario Schmario. It'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive." She smiled as a wide grin spread on my face.

There was a knock on the door. Peach gestured for me to walk out of view, which was understandable. I mean, how would it look if someone walked in and saw Peach and I in a room together. It would look bad, since she's the only one i'm out to.

~peach pov~

I opened the door and peered outside. It was the person I least wanted to see.

"Hi, Mario." I looked down at him. For a grown man, he was very short.

"Hey Peach," He stepped into the room, without my invitation, "Have you seen Luigi?"

Shoot. I'm a horrible liar "No. Why?"

"He-" he paused "What the hell happened to your hair!?" He spoke loudly, as if I had offended him.

"Well, I just thought it was time for a change." I smiled weakly, hoping he would leave.

"I don't like it."

"Oh. I'm sorry." I was upset by that, because I really loved how my hair looked. I looked down sadly.

"You will grow it out again," He glared, "That's an order."

I was about to start speaking, when I heard the bathroom door open, and footsteps angrily trod out.

"Who do you think you are, ordering around a princess?!" Luigi spoke angrily, "Also, have some respect for her!"

I looked at him and my breath caught in my throat. He was still wearing the dress. My dress. Shit.

"Luigi. What. Are. You. Wearing?" Mario looked at him, his eyes glossed over with rage.

Before he could say anything, Mario lunged at him and began tearing off the dress, the pearls and ribbons tearing.

"No!!" Luigi and I screamed at the same time. But at that point the dress was beyond repair. It was torn to the point that it slid down his legs easily. Mario grabbed Luigi's wrist and pulled him out of the room, and away from my room.

My hands covered my mouth. Luigi had been wearing nothing other than his undergarments when Mario had pulled him out. Mario was known to have angry outbursts like these, but he was more known for the destruction he caused during them.

•bowser pov•

"Is everything ready?" I asked, my voice low and growly.

"Yes, my lord." Kamek nodded.

"Great. We strike at noon, " I looked straight ahead to the island across from here, mushroom kingdom, "You know, Kamek, I know I don't say this very much, but I appreciate you, a lot." I sighed, Kamek blushed. They were like a parent to me, and I really do love them like they are my parent.

***

I sat down on my bed, sighing. I don't even know what i'm trying to do anymore. I do love Peach, but I know she would never love me back. Maybe I could try to convince her to stay for awhile this time. Except Mario and his brother... errrr... what was his name? Mario and Green 'Stache would try to stop me, again. They just don't understand what it's like to be in love, especially with someone from a rival kingdom.

Oh right. Luigi. That's his name. He actually seems like a decent guy, unlike Mario who's a total dick. I would like to get to know him. Maybe like, over coffee or something. He probably wouldn't agree, given our history, but it would still be nice. I'm getting tired of being the bad guy, I just want to settle down with Peach, or somebody else. I want my son to have a mother. There are so many things I want, but they're all things i'll never get.

I stepped out onto my balcony, and looked out onto the vast waters, my heart hurt, but I couldn't cry. Crying shows weakness, which I don't have. I sat down on a chair outside, and looked down at my hands. I have everything a man could dream of, a kingdom, riches, an army, power. But not love. It's such a cliche but it's all i've ever wanted. I've only ever been loved once, and it didn't work out.

Kamek once told me that love couldn't be taken, it could only be earned.

So that's what i'll try to do.

I'll win her love.