Chapter Thirteen: Grave Digging

Iden stood to see the warriors still tied up infront of them. All four were in line next to each other with two guards either side with guns incase they tried anything. Iden looked around, all their eyes were on Iden, they'd never seen them before without a mask on.

"Where's Zeke?" Iden asked Willy to the side.

"Already transferred his titan" Willy says.

"To who?"

"Jayson"

"What? When did that happen?" Iden asked as they approached Willy rather strongly.

"A while ago after he turned the Eldians into titans, we killed him then and there."

"Oh, right" Iden says then backs off slightly. Iden looks at Porco who's already staring at them, he wasn't mad, he was just watching them carefully, studying their features.

"Now I'd like you all to remain calm until we get back to Marley, any misbehaviour will result in getting silenced" Willy said to the four warriors ahead of him. He then turned to Iden. "Iden if you could separate Miss Finger please and take her to the next room, Jayson same with you and Galliard in another so they can't communicate"

"Yes Master" Iden obeyed and walked towards Pieck. Jayson grabbed Porco's collar and yanked him up, earning grunts from Porco as he dragged him towards a door. Iden leaned down and took Pieck's hands from behind her back, Iden accidentally made eye contact with her as she looked behind her at them. They quickly looked away but Pieck kept looking at them, watching their every moment in sadness. Iden pulled Pieck up to her feet.

Pieck turned around to face Iden for a moment and stepped forward as if she could've hugged them. Iden staggered back but Pieck persisted and nudged their shoulder as she tried to get close to them.

*ZAP*

.....

*MEMORY*

"Ah hello little Iden" Lara sang as she saw them sitting alone in an empty room. Iden looked up at her with uncertainty. Lara noticed their nervousness and smiled softly to calm them, she approached and bent down to their eye level. "What's the matter?" Lara asked.

"I'm not allowed to see you without Master" Iden says back. Lara's smile faded and she looked to the floor in slight sadness.

"I'm sorry, I don't want you to get in trouble again" Lara says and she stood up and turned to leave.

"Lara?"

She turned back around to see Iden gazing up at her.

"Yes?"

"Where did Zico go?" They asked.

"Oh..." Lara thought for a moment, not expecting that question. She turned back around and stepped up to Iden, crouching down again. "He... Transferred schools" she lied.

"But what school? Is he in trouble for going outside at night?" Iden asked.

"Yeah... That's it, he... Isn't allowed so they've sent him to a school for naughty kids" Lara lied again.

"When will I see him?" Iden asked. Lara's face dropped slightly but she did well to hide it.

"I don't think you will..." She said.

*Door creaks open*

Both pairs of eyes turn to see Willy walk through the door. He clears his throat.

"Lara, a word please" he says, Lara nodded and stood up to walk towards him. Iden watched silently, a small feeling of fear when they see Willy.