Chapter Fifteen: Ignorance

"You stole us when we were young enough to mould and manipulate, you cruelly beaten me into becoming the most dangerous assasin you could think of, got me to do your dirty work

"You stole us when we were young enough to mould and manipulate, you cruelly beaten me into becoming the most dangerous assasin you could think of, got me to do your dirty work. Everything I've done has been wrong, I am evil because you've made me that way, but now I realise it's all an experiment and I'm the guinea pig." Iden says.

"Have you lost your mind?! Don't let these memories confuse you with reality! Remember all your training you've had, this is simply a bump in the road that you've got to overcome! Your memories are getting confused with the injury you've suffered and straining your titan limits has caused confusion! It's the devil tempting you, it's another test you've got to overcome." Willy said, raising his voice slightly.

"The memories were clear" Iden said.

"What I'm doing is for the good of humanity! Don't let your emotions get the better of your judgement, emotions are the devil here, remember what I told you about how they mess up missions? You're confused and they're causing you to become emotional and lose your discipline" he manipulated.

"I'm very sane, my injuries are healed" Iden said.

"No Iden you're not, this world is evil remember? It's full of trickery and deceit and it'll destroy you if you aren't strong enough!" He said.

"Trickery? Yes I've been tricked, by you for years. I shot my own sister to prove to you I was loyal because I was terrified of being killed by you, like you did with all the other subjects, once they proved they weren't evil or couldn't be moulded into killing machine shape, you simply discarded them. Like they were nothing. I thought for years I was the only one only to realise you had Jayson all along behind the scenes. I was just a tool to you" Iden argued back.

"Ah I see, this is about Jayson. You're jealous, correct?" He asks.

"I was hurt I wasn't the only one" Iden says. "I'm just one of many pawns in your game"

"No you aren't, I care about you like a daughter! You're my niece for god's sake! He isn't related to us so he will never grant the Warhammer titan that we are so close with. If this is been brought on because of Jayson then I can get rid of him, I can move him to another job" he says.

"Discard him you mean? Or will I be discarded now for doubting you?" Iden asks.

"I can overlook this if it's as simple as jealousy, I get it you want to be the only one, the only daughter that gets all the attention and care" he says.

"It's not just that, I thought you cared for me in some way but I'm just a weapon to you. All these years you taught me to not be emotional, you barely were emotional with me unless I made you mad" Iden says, tears beginning to form.

"I do care for you, I've raised you!" He said.

"I had a family who really cared for me, a mother who cried for years and eventually died not knowing what happened to her toddlers."