Chapter 17 - Trouble in Paradise?

"Siblings should love and support one another." Maggie argued.

We were spending the night at her parent's house since they invited us over for a "briefing" which is another term for "interrogating" us regarding our relationship.

We were sitting at the couch watching netflix. The little kids are sitting on the floor while me and Camila are on the couch. Just a heads up, Camila MADE our siblings sat on the floor. What a nice big sister she is, right?

"And siblings are supposed to be a shield against life's cruel adversity." Sofi added.

Camila scoffed while looking at her nails, "Siblings ARE life's cruel adversity."

"Lolo and I get along just fine." Taylor butt in.

I gave her a high five as we giggled.

"Of course, I am a good sister. Unlike someone I- Ouch!" Camila elbowed me in my sides. "A while ago you were just calling me pretty and now you're hurting me. Is that how you treat your girlfriend?"

"I said you're pretty annoying!"

"I am an optimist. I focused on positive things." I wink at her and Camila rolled her eyes in response.

Our little sisters laugh at the mini scene that we had before they started gushing at how cute we are together. Camila and I just laughed along but deep inside we were so cringed and disgusted over the idea of us being "In love". I don't know how much I said that but I will repeat that for as long as I live. Camila and I will NEVER be together-together just because we're in love. The very last thing I imagined my life would be is being in love with her.

"What are y'all laughing about? Come on, dinner's ready." Sinu walked into the living room and picked up her two little girls. I did the same for my sister while Camila stood up and held my hand as we all walked up to their dining area where Alejandro was waiting for us.

He greeted us with a big smile as we sat down.

"I still can't believe this is happening." The happiness is so evident in his voice while gazing at us, "How did it happen?"

I look at Camila giving her a signal to do the honor of telling made up stories since this is her idea in the first place.

"Nothing romantic. Just one day I woke up liking Lauren."

"What do you mean nothing romantic? That is romantic!" Her mom giggled, "You know back when we were at your age, I used to hate your dad too. But then one day I find myself thinking about him all the time."

"I remember," Alejandro chuckled, reminiscing about the moment. "How about you Lauren?"

"Same with Camila." I responded, "Just one day I suddenly care about her. I worry so much when it comes to her, even the little things that might hurt her. I crave for her attention which I don't usually feel. Then I find myself thinking about her all the time and it's crazy."

Camila slid her hand to mine, "It's because I think about you all the time too."

"Aww," They all cooed and we laughed in response. We had a blast during the dinner since they are all funny and jokers, especially her parents. No wonder why their daughter is a joke.

After 8pm her parents walked us out of the door and waved goodbye. It's time for us to go home. I walked to where my scrambler is parked when Camila suddenly spoke.

"I'm really happy that you played along and for being patient with their endless questions."

I turned around to face her with an interesting look, "You could say "thank you, Lauren", you know?"