Chapter 28 - I Couldn't Go Another Day Without Her

"If you wanted to run just hold the R2 button and then for shoot just press square, X for pass and if you want to block my shot just—"

"Smash the triangle button, got it!"

"Not smash, Camz. You'll break my controller. Just press it gently."

"Basic."

"This is like the 3rd time I explain the controls to you."

Camila gave me a questioning look as if what I said was totally unnecessary, "I don't see your point."

I chuckled, "Remember I won the last game? 24-205?"

"If you win it's because I let you."

And then I remember the score again, the very very big difference and it makes even more funnier to me as I burst out laughing.

I'm just laughing and continue eating Camila alive on the court. She has the possession of the ball and I didn't even bother guarding her. I just sat here while grinning from ear to ear ready to burst out laughing any second.

I watch her step into the three point line as she presses square. Of course, she fucking missed and Camila groaned incredibly loud.

"Just time it until you see the green on the meter."

"What do you think I've been doing this whole time?! This is garbage! Like pure garbage at its finest! I thought he's "the greatest shooter of all time" then why can't he shoot a damn thing?!"

And then I laugh again, "You're controlling him, Camz."

Camila looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Just time it smoothly, like this."

I shot the ball perfectly from the three and it went in. Camila rolled her eyes and I giggled.

"I've been smooth!"

"You suck at this."

"And I am losing my patience already!" She mumbled. Actually, this is her saying the same exact words for the 100th time since yesterday but here she is, still playing with me.

I look at her softly and silently thanking her for doing this just to make me happy even though it's pretty obvious the game is stressing her out. Effort matters no matter how small it is.

"Stop stealing my ball!"

I laugh again as I make my player run all the way to the rim with Camila chasing me behind. She tried to block it but I slam dunk the ball right to her face as I burst out laughing.

Camila groaned frustratedly for straight up 5 minutes before my alarm rings. Time for school.

I turned off the TV before I got up on the couch when she suddenly grabbed my arm, pulling me back down on the couch.
Faces are only inches away, her breath hitching on against and then she smiled and I felt all the oxygen being sucked out of my body.

"Hi." She said softly, and my heart started doing this weird backflip inside.

"Hi." I greeted back, "We will be late for our class if we don't go now."

"If I'll be late just to do this," She leaned in and connected our lips for a quick kiss, "I'd say it's worth it."

I giggled as I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tight.

"Something wrong?"

"I like hugging you. It makes me feel safe."

"And it makes me feel better when you're hugging me like this."