1 ~ Against Love? Yeah, Right.

No Place Like Home

Chapter One- Against Love? Yeah, Right. 

~~

Ella pushed her way to her seat, the cheering crowd around her only intensifying her decision to leave. "I can't believe you made me do this!" She shouted to her little sister, Alice, who had already happily found her seat. Ella reached her destination and plumped down just when everyone else stood up, yelling at the players.

"Stop whining." Alice spoke, her attention now on the baseball field. Ella exhaled in defeat knowing her sister would tell her parents some bad report on how Ella's college life as a loner was turning her into some radical rebel. Ella was just relieved that she didn't have to watch Alice for much longer, their parents would see how great she's doing, leave, and not come into contact with her again for another month or so. 

And that was that. 

Ella wasn't much of a baseball fan, so when Alice and the others started booing, she had a feeling the home team wasn't doing so well. "What's going on?" Ella leaned in towards Alice, unsure if she should join in to avoid blank stares. Ella felt something fall on her head and she saw popcorn on her shoulders. She looked back and noticed a man standing above her, shaking his popcorn bag at the game.

"Excuse me sir, you're spilling your popcorn all over me." The man looked down at Ella and scoffed. Ella shook her head, not trying to pick a fight, and turned around just as the crowd sighed in disappointment.

"What happened now?" Ella asked, somewhat still wanting to fit in.

"Top of the ninth inning, game tied, bases are loaded, Slater just got out." Alice paused. "So that's two outs, but Anderson is coming up to bat, he's our last hope." Alice was back into the game and so was the rest of the crowd.

Ella watched the young man coming up to bat, though far away, she could still admire his looks. He came up to the base, swinging the bat confidently. The crowd all stood up, cheering him on.

Popcorn rained down upon Ella again and she stood up, turning around. "Look, I asked you nicely to stop-" the cracking sound of the ball being hit made the crowd go wild, drowning out Ella's scolding. "-And I hope you understand that being mean isn't going to get you-"

"Watch out!" Random screams rang out, and Ella watched the man in front of her stare at her in horror. He grabbed her shoulders, but it was too late.

The ball hit Ella in the back of the head, instantly knocking her out.

"Mr. Anderson, will you please take a seat." The professor spoke, Noah took a nearby seat, leaving the giggling ladies, his smirk still glued to his face. The door opened, and a girl walked in, she mumbled something, then lifting her eyes off the ground to look at the class.

"So nice of you to join us, Miss Lively." The professor gestured for her to take one of the empty seats.

Lively. That sounded familiar, but Noah couldn't place the name with her face. She was beautiful, and he was a little surprised he hadn't noticed her before. She walked with her head down until she took the seat in front of Noah, never looking up at him.

Ella hated the way everyone watched her, finding a seat as fast as she could was essential. She didn't want to glance up and see who she had sat in front of, hopefully no one she knew.

The professor began to speak just when Ella felt a pen tap her shoulder. She slowly turned around, taking note she had sat in front of an extremely fetching guy, his eyes instantly capturing her. "Hey, I'm Noah." He nodded his head and gave her a crooked smile.