5.13

WE GOT BACK ON THE ROAD as soon as the sun appeared. It was a long trip, but we managed to get back to Alexandria when it was at its busiest. I noticed Carol at the top of the gates with Jerry looking down at us, they immediately noticed the lack of people in our group. They quickly opened the gates and helped us transport our supplies to the main area of Alexandria.

I looked around to see many walker bodies that were being burnt, making me wonder what had happened. I'm sure someone would tell me later, but I hoped that everyone was okay. For a brief moment it reminded me of seeing the walker body of Alden, but it was just something I had to try and unsee, but also remember his amazing memory of terrible cooking and weird jokes.

"Mom!" CJ then yelled, he ran towards me immediately and crashed into my arms. I witnessed Judith and RJ run to my dad, giving me a bit of time with my son. "You're back!"

"I told you I'd come back, didn't I?" I smiled, putting him back on the ground after twirling him in the air. "You been good for Uncle Aaron?"

He quickly nodded, "I was brave! I helped fight the walkers with Judy and Aunt Rosita."

I gasped excitedly, "That's amazing! One day you'll be a better fighter than me!" I brought him into a hug, thankful that he was alright and safe.

After CJ let go his eyes caught onto someone else behind me, he looked up and smiled once more, "Hi Leigh!"

I mentally groaned, time to feel awkward, looking behind me to see Leigh put on a grin and wave to CJ, who was of course oblivious to everything. "Hey little dude, nice to see you all cheery."

I chuckled under my breath, standing up as CJ skipped over to Leigh. At least there was no awkwardness

"Lia!" Two voices yelled. I looked up just in time to see Judith and RJ skip to me. I brought them into another hug and they giggled happily.

I let go first, holding their shoulders softly and looking at them. "There you two troublemakers are, I was beginning to think you forgot about me!" 

"We'd never do that Lia!" Judith replied.

"You're too loud to be forgotten about." RJ finished, with a cheeky smile.

I faked a shock expression, "You better run mister, or I'll catch you!" I pretended to run at him, making him squeal and take Judith's hand so they could run. I snickered as they both ran behind the new wagon, before getting distracted by the horses.

I went over to the large crowd, where people were getting the crates and storing them somewhere safely. I then saw Carol who greeted me with open arms, and then Lydia who looked joyful to see everyone.

"Hey Lia, good to see you back in one piece." Lydia smiled, I playfully nudged her.

"You had doubts about me, Lyd? I'm so flattered." 

She scoffed before shaking her head, "Of course not. But hey, where's Negan?" She asked hoping, but my face slowly dropped. I knew that her and Negan were quite close, like a cute father-daughter relationship.

"Sorry Lyd, he left." I placed my hand on her shoulder reassuringly.

"Oh, right, it's fine y'know...I was only asking because-because I didn't see him." She muttered, looking at the ground before seeing the wagon. "I'm gonna go help, but I'll see you later Lia..."

I felt sorry for her as she left in a hurry, yet there was nothing I could do to help. I folded my arms as I saw everyone work together and collect the crates, I helped out with the heavy baskets and guided the horses away from eating all the apples.