Chapter 16

"Are you okay?" Jauna asks, noticing my quiet behaviour.

My head snaps up. "Huh?"

"You're staring at your album. You have been for for quite a while." Jauna explains.

"Sorry. I'm fine." I reply, putting on a smile. Jauna raises her eyebrows but drops it.

My eyes drop back to the page. I've killed 4 people today. Four people. And I knew all of them.

Jose Diaz. 69 year old male. Father to Nina Diaz. Husband to Ava Diaz. Resident of Sunfield.

He was a kind old man. A former veteran of war. He used to bring me and Lydia sweets when we were younger.

Nina Diaz. 39 year old female. Daughter to Eva and Jose Diaz. Mother to Paul Citron. Wife to Joe Citron. Resident of Sunfield.

Eva Diaz. 65 year old female. Mother to Nina Diaz. Wife to Jose Diaz. Resident of Sunfield.

Paul Citron. 15 year old male. Son to Nina and Joe Citron. Resident of Sunfield.

They were Jose's family, always passing us on the streets of Sunfield. Paul was only 2 years younger than me. I still remember when he was born, my mother had brought the family some fresh food.

When I stormed into their house, I saw their eyes widen in surprise, and in fear. They pupils grew as they realized their fate. And then shock when they recognized me.

My family left Sunfield when I was just 7, about 10 years now. But they would always know it was me.

People in Sunfield usually had chocolate brown hair. My grandmother came from another town, where they had pale blonde hair. She got that blonde hair, and so did it. We were the only two in the entire village who had a hair colour except brown. And it couldn't be her.

And I met Jayden and Lydia too. I went to their house again. They were there, hiding in the kitchen. I let them go, I couldn't kill them. Not yet.

People still haven't got it's over my new hair colour. I got stares from people in the halls, fascinated by the dark colour compared to the light one I've always sported. I enjoy the attention.

I stare at the ceiling, wondering what people were doing in other parts of the world.

What were people doing in Sunfield right now? Mourning the loss of their family? Did anyone find out about me? We're they burning pictures of me this very instant?

All of these question burns sun my mind. I wondered how many people hated me for killing relatives, friends, loved ones.

Probably a lot. Or maybe those people had no one. Nobody who cared enough to hate.