🦋Sixteen🦋

🦋Happy New Year's 💖🦋

Rye had no idea what had happened in the night while they were sleeping but for some reason, Andy had woken up with an attitude. It wasn't aggressive, just slight signs of irritation that he showed in little huffs of his breath. It was their last day there so Rye had thought that was his reasoning for acting such a way but instead of whining about not wanting to leave like his son was doing, besides his huffing, stayed quiet.

Folding his clothes neatly and placing them into his suitcase. "Are you okay?" He asked cautiously, nearly wincing at the annoyed look he'd gotta in return. "I'm fine." The reply was short and said with so much irritation that rye regretted asking in the first place.

Rye began to be worried as the day went on because Andy acted completely normal with Romeo. Laughing and talking to him, even smiling brightly as he listened to the boy ramble on and on. It was only when Rye tried to involve himself that Andy turned back to his stone cold demeanor he'd had that morning, acting as he didn't exist.

When Andy had cut off the conversation Rye was having with Romeo about why they couldn't stay longer in order to declare they go get ice cream, that's when Rye started to get annoyed as well. Because Andy had grabbed the boys other hand making the other slip from his grasp. He stared in disbelief as the two walked further and further away from him.

"Wow" He scoffed in disbelief, furrowing his brows as he began to stomp in the direct they'd went. Rye was absolutely ticked off. Not only had Andy been basically ignoring him all morning but he'd stolen his child away to get ice cream in the middle of an important conversation!

When he'd caught up to then, they'd already sat down on a bench, licking away at their treats. Romeo wide eyed and scoping out the park, the melting chocolate ice cream dripping onto his shirt. Rye winced as he knew that'd be a pain to try and wash out later. "I can't believe you" he said, glaring right at Andy. His arms crossed as he stood stiffly in front of him.

Andy barely spared him a glance, staring right through him like he wasn't there. Ryes blood started to boil. "What's your problem?" He says gruffly, starting daggers at him. That seemed to be the wrong thing to say because Andy's eyes snapped right to him, no longer pretending he wasn't there, eyes turning icily cold. "What's my problem" he said with so much distaste, Ryes anger started to melt away into nervousness. "Y-yeah" he tried to say confidently but he was wilting by the moment.

Then Andy laughed. Not a joyful laugh and there was absolutely nothing funny. It was one of those laughs of disbelief. The kind that comes out when you can't believe someone would ask you something so stupid. Suddenly he got up from the bench, throwing his now melted ice cream away, then turned to glare at Rye. 

It went on for a long moment and as Rye began to open his mouth, Andy held up his hand silencing him. "Do you remember what happened at dinner last night?" Rye was shocked at the calm way he'd asked the question and quite confused by the question. Nonetheless, he nodded. The night before, they'd had a nice dinner at a Disney themed restaurant while Romeo stayed in a kids area.

"We had dinner." "Mhm" Andy smiled at him but it was forced "and you remember who came to our table?" Once again Rye nodded "Rachel." Rye was so confused, why was Andy bringing things back up from last night? Rachel use to work at the same cafe as Rye before she quit to work at the restaurant at the resort. They went on a couple dates before then but ultimately decided that they weren't right for each other. She had been their waiter and was so excited to see him that they had a pretty long conversation.

"Mhm. And when she asked who I was, what did you say?" Now that, Rye could hear the anger in his voice. It wasn't the falsely sweet voice he'd been speaking in before and Rye absolutely knew something was very wrong. "I-I said this is my boy-" "no you didn't." Rye felt his heart stutter at the broken way he'd said it. All of his anger reduced to sadness as he quietly interrupted him.

Rye shook his head in disbelief "that's impossible! There's no way I-" "no way you what Rye? Didn't introduce your boyfriend as your boyfriend when a pretty girl from your past steals all your attention! Were you that distracted!" Every word that spewed from Andy's mouth made Ryes heart crack even more.

"You made me feel like nothing but an afterthought! Like you wouldn't have mentioned me if she hadn't asked!" He said angrily, his fists balled at his sides. If he decides to hit him, Rye wouldn't blame him. He deserved it.

"Am I not worthy of being acknowledged as your boyfriend?" He breathed out like all his anger had been used up."Am I not good enough for you?"He said so quietly Rye barely heard him and he so wished he hadn't then maybe his heart wouldn't be cracking into a million pieces.

"Dee, are you okay?" Romeo asked, hopping off the bench he'd been sitting in to enjoy his ice cream. Rye suddenly remembered that he was present and had heard the entire argument. Along with anyone else who'd been walking past.

He stared up at Andy, worry clear in his features as he tried to understand why Andy was now crying while Rye stood there, hands shaking and an apology on the tip of his tongue. Although it was shaky, Andy smiled down at him and picked him up. "I'm just sad, I don't wanna leave yet!" He pouted, forging the real reason he was upset. Romeo nodded, "me either! But daddy says we have to" he huffed crossing his arms "daddy mean." Andy looked past him to stare right at Rye. "Yeah, he is."

The plane ride back home was quiet for the most part. When Romeo had fallen asleep, Andy put on his headphones and turned toward his window. Ignoring the apology Rye finally was able to spit out. The ride home was even worse as Andy sat in the front seat, right next to Rye, and ignored every word he said. When they'd reached Andy's apartment, he silently got out, opened the back door to kiss Romeo on the forehead, and grabbed his luggage.

As he began to walk away, Rye jumped out of the car and ran after him, grabbing his arm. "Andy please, I'm so sorry! Please forgive me for being so stupid! I love you so much, please forgive me!" Andy simply stared at him then shook his hand off. "I'm sorry Rye but I can't. You really hurt me. I just- need some space."

And he walked away after that, Rye still apologizing and pleading behind him but he kept going, wiping his tears away with the back of his hand. "I'm sorry" Rye said lowly, almost a whisper at that point but Andy heard it as clear as a yell. Does he really? He wondered because after all, he wasn't running after him. Then again, maybe he just wasn't worthy of that.